Occupy Skagit Redux

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by _WW_, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I will forgo the yarn fly for a 2/5oz 50/50 hammered spoon, sans hook.

2. Derek Day

Derek Day Rockyday

I'm going to tie a bunch of Burnt Toasts

3. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Couple questions. Do you need or have a permit? Is there a bathroom on site or have you rented a porta potty? What was the rental fee for the site? DId you buy any liability insurance for you event? Who is responsible for cleaning up the site? Or is this a true occupy event where you disregard the rules while leaving waste and litter everywhere but justify it thinking that getting together and doing nothing is saving the world? Has anyone contacted the local authorities? We have seen these "Occupy sites" turn ugly leading to crimes like rape and molestation. These events seem to draw the homeless and felon looking to take advamtage of the anarchy.

Good luck.

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I have a hard time believing homeless anarchists are going to hike all the way to the Skagit river for a cause they've never heard of.

5. pcknshvl

pcknshvl Member

Looking forward to this, but a question: Just wade in anywhere? I don't know the Skagit at all, but LOVE the Sauk. Where is a good place for a Skagit rookie to go?

6. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

This is a one day event. Not a months long protest. Chill out, bro.

J

7. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I posted this to gamefishin.com. I hadn't been on that board for a couple of years. Read a bit of the board and could see nothing has changed. I am sure my posting will get mixed reviews.

8. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Oh I'm chillin out just fine. Sorry to ask a few of simple questions. Toilets? Permit? Notify the authorities?

Not attacks just questions. Again good luck.

9. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Toilets - are located at most boat launches and Howard Miller Steelhead Park has some very nice facilities.
    I'm sure you have been out in the woods before and know how to...er...take care of business.
    Permits - Be sure to have your Discover Pass and WDFW Access Pass depending on where you decide to pull over and park.
    Authorities? - I have yet to notify the authorities when I decide to go out and enjoy the great outdoors...unless you mean my wife.

Dude, we aren't renting a site, we aren't selling tickets, it ain't the freaking carnival - we are wading in the river and casting lines with no hooks. I expect you to behave like your mother is watching.

Anyone tries to rape me up there and I'll show 'em something they've never seen before - the other end of that thing.

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  10. fifafu

fifafu Guest

Sounds like you got it handled. Good luck.

11. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Rest assured, most of the people that are going to show up for this event, because of their age will not have the energy to commit any of these crimes .. And its to far out of the way for anybody thats not into steelhead fishing to drive to even if they knew where to go..

12. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

I hope that after all this you are going to show up?

Leland.

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  13. fifafu

fifafu Guest

After all what? Asking 5 or 6 simple questions. No I'm not driving 7 hours on a work day to support an "occupy" event. Leland don't you run a retail shop? Would you take a saturday off in the first couple weeks of your 6 month season? I won't but thanks for asking.

Good luck with your "occupy" Skagit.

14. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

well if I can't bring my corkline ,would my two handed skagit tenkara rod be okay?

15. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I do have issues with tenkara but they are a personal problem; please show up.