NFR Official 2017 NCAA College Football Thread

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Justin Fields, the top qb in the country, has committed to UGA. So Eason would be silly to stick around.

He did not redshirt so he could do so next year and still play two years for UW.

I wouldn't count out UCLA though. Kelly and Eason would be fun.

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Eason to Washington is a savvy call. I could see that
Definitely at landing spot he should check out.
They have two good commits at QB for this 2018.
It will be interesting though to see if the kid from Idaho doesn’t follow Smith to Oregon State.
They have another QB committed for 2019 as well.

Not sure Eason fits into a Kelly type offense.
I look at him as being more of a pure drop back passing threat versus a dual threat guy like Mariota.

It will be interesting to see where he lands.
Transferring doesn’t always end well. See Max Brown and his results at Pittsburgh.
SF

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
And again I just want to say how happy I am we have Kirby. With all the bullshit currently happening with the coaching carousel, Georgia couldn't be in a better position.

Swimmy

Riffle > Run > Pool
Not sure Eason fits into a Kelly type offense.
I look at him as being more of a pure drop back passing threat versus a dual threat guy like Mariota.
Fair point. I just think it would be fun to open him up and see what he can do in a fast pace offense.

It sucks that both the Big 10 and ACC championship games are on at the same time.
Go Badgers
Go Clemson
SF
I agree. Should have moved one of the games up and not televise the AAC championship game. Although in hindsight (though we still have another half of football to go), that was probably the best game of the day.

Or maybe rotate so that the ACC and Big Ten aren't always televised at the same time and they each get a chance to be televised as the only game on.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I think the collage football playoff sucks. I think they should include all the Div I teams, not just the big 5 teams. Look at that Florida team that is 12 and 0 They din't get to go. And they will probably get a shitty bowl game.:(:(:(

Stonefish

I think the collage football playoff sucks. I think they should include all the Div I teams, not just the big 5 teams. Look at that Florida team that is 12 and 0 They din't get to go. And they will probably get a shitty bowl game.:(:(:(
Actually OMJ, UCF will go to a good bowl game as they are the highest rated of the group of five.

Last year Western Michigan was undefeated and played in the Cotton Bowl against Wisconsin.
SF

Stonefish

Damn, was really pulling for the Badgers.
I’m hoping it will be Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia and Alabama in the CFP, but wouldn’t be surprised if Ohio State gets in.
SF

IveofIone

Well, the much hyped championship games are over and many were duds. The USC/Stanford game was pretty good with big plays on both sides. Darnold showed flashes of brilliance but I sure hope he hangs around another year to kick ND's ass-he owes them one.

The UCF/Memphis game was a barn burner and a lot of fun with a dramatic ending.

And lastly, Boise/Fresno put on a good show with Boise pulling out another 10 game win season.

Clemson looks like the National Champion to me.