NFR Official 2017 NCAA College Football Thread

Salmo_g

I don't think the Cougs couged it. The Spartans were really, really good, and the Cougars played with the back up QB, and it showed until late in the game.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Just like a few years ago in the Apple Cup, Cougs fans will say they would have won had Falk played.
Damn delusional Cougs.....:D
SF

BDD

I agree with Sg above. The "Couged It" phrase gets used out of context too much anymore, probably because it has happened a lot over the years. My interpretation of the phrase is when they snatch a loss from the jaws of victory. Last night they were substantially beaten by a better team. Whether it would have made a difference if they had Faulk and their linebacker the full game we'll never know...probably not as they didn't look as good defensively as their stats indicated.

If anything The Cardinal (I still don't get the new name reference) Couged It last night. I was counting on them to bring a little respect to the PAC 12 after they outplayed TCU in the first half but their defense had no answers to TCU's offense in the second half.

If the Huskies play to their full potential, I think they have a decent chance tomorrow. Rooting for USC today, which I never do unless they are in a bowl and then I always root for PAC 12 teams.

Last edited:
I like Luke Falk. I wonder how he will do in the NFL. Probably make a solid backup somewhere.

I think Sam Darnold is about as overrated as they get. Someone will waste a high pick on him, and he'll end up a backup. Unless Bellichick can snag him.

nb_ken

Holy crap. I just flipped on the ASU/NC State game. 28-10 at half. Can no one in the Pac-12 play defense?

And Texas A&M/Wake Forest. 107 points total in 58 minutes. Ain't over yet. Cripes.

nb_ken

I think Sam Darnold is about as overrated as they get. Someone will waste a high pick on him, and he'll end up a backup. Unless Bellichick can snag him.
I think Cleveland should take Darnold. He'd fit right in with that organization. And the Johnny Manzel party bench isn't the happening place it once was. Needs a new proprietor.

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
PAC 12 0-5 in bowls so far and the Sun Bowl not looking like it will change. Not a compelling case for all the PAC 12 fans annual belly-aching about unfair favoritism going to the other conferences.