Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
26K views 332 replies 45 participants last post by  Thrasybulus 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Combine drills started today. Free agency starts next Thursday. Draft in a little less than 2 months. Hopefully good moves by the Seahawk's front office to follow. And no, they won't be signing Kaep. Although it would be hilarious for him to be Wilson's backup. Seems like forever ago that the 9ers were actually good and there was a debate about which young QB was better! :D

#6 ·
Combine drills started today. Free agency starts next Thursday. Draft in a little less than 2 months. Hopefully good moves by the Seahawk's front office to follow. And no, they won't be signing Kaep. Although it would be hilarious for him to be Wilson's backup. Seems like forever ago that the 9ers were actually good and there was a debate about which young QB was better! :D
Any latest news on that trade not happening... or is that just your hope? His trade (wherever) will likely open up some other possible grabs. I wasn't a Kappernick fan from the start. He certainly did live up to his first name however.

#12 ·
#21 ·
I have a feeling that came down to money. I think the Hawks weren't prepared to offer as much but that's just a guess.

A. P. For a visit today. Sure don't like that idea one bit. I'd rather see Charles than Peterson. Though Lacy is probably the most intriguing option.

#25 ·
IMO Lacy, or possibly Murray, are the only FA backs that offer something above and beyond the group that the Hawks already have on the roster. Assuming Prosise can stay healthy, which is a big assumption at this point, I'd be happy going forward with him as the third down pass catching back. Rawls has proved that when healthy, again a big IF, he can carry the work load the first two downs. What they lack is the big bruising power back. IMO if they were to sign Lacy it means they have confidence in their ability to coach his bad habits out of him. If they talk to him and let him leave Id be fine with that too as it probably means they don't like something they heard.

A. P. Is better suited to run out of I formation or single back with Wilson under center, which limits a lot of the Hawks running plays and the read option game. Charles probably still has some in the tank but his ability to stay healthy is pretty questionable and we certainly don't need more of that.

#31 ·
Marshawn Lynch came from Buffalo with an awful lot of baggage.

Sometimes a change of venue and coaching staff is enough to make a big change in a player.

Sometimes it's not though, which in this case wouldn't be the end of the world since the Hawks would only be on the hook for 3 mill.

Personally I really like this move. If he's able to turn it around and meshes with this team and coaching staff then we have a young power back with the ability to sign him long term. If he doesn't work, very little is lost.

He himself has plenty riding on this season considering that next year will realistically be his last best chance at landing a fat contract. Hopefully that gives him a little extra motivation.

#34 ·
Lol after the Andrew Whitworth signing I wouldn't expect any Rams fan to discuss other teams signing players who are passed their prime.

All three players they've signed have baggage, no doubt. But being past their prime isn't part of that equation. For Lacy and Joekel in particular nobody can even say what their prime might be.

Even if they both wash out, they are one year deals that won't hurt the team. Not sure I believe the same can be said about the Rams signing a 35 year old lineman to a 3 year deal with 15 mill guaranteed lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.