Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Jan 31, 2009.
I'm in for $20 worth, if you don't mind shipping to the Yukon.
Put me down for $10. Thanks Jerry!
Wow! I almost missed this thread!
I'll take $10 plus the shipping cost to Mount Vernon.
Can send cash, check, or paypal.
Same here Jerry
jerry when are you going to order this tubing and when should we sent you money?
I'm still waiting on a call back. My customer thinks they may be on hiatus. Think it's a smaller company she deals with on this. So when I get his final shipping quote, I can nail down how much it'll actually be per foot. Gonna add shipping costs to me into the $498.
why did you say 495 b/c its up to 550?
i can't wait i think im gonna tie, well i don't know i don't fish for steelhead but i have fun tying so it will be something new
Jerry, can you put me down for 10 clams!.....if it's not too late.
Not a problem Buck, I have to give him the final footage when I lock it in.
Well, I'm going off the original quote, which was $498. Once I get the general consensus on how much it'll add to the price per foot, then when I tell you guys to "send your money" then I'll know what the final cost per foot will be. As of right now, it's $0.0325 per foot to extrude it. But with shipping may raise it to an even $0.05. So my quote was on what the raw cost to extrude it will be. I'm looking at making the order above the 15,000 feet minimum, maybe up to 17,000 plus. Not sure yet.
And, found out why they havne't got ahold of me. They are moving from Conn. to Rhode Island. So they are in the process of moving their machinary. LOL. My customer even tried calling her inside #'s (she gave me their commercial #'s). She finally got a different recorder and got the info they finally were making their move. So hopefully I'll get the final here shortly.
Yeah, I'm waiting myself. Come to find out the company moved from Rhode Island to Conneticutt. So I'm in the dark until their whole operation is back up and running to get my shipping costs.
Got news that my customer got through to them. They need to recalculate and tell me difference between extruding 8' lengths vs custom 4' lengths (shipping costs for both, one would probably have to go freight, other could come UPS). Hopefully will get the info by tomorrow. Guess their phones didn't switch over during the move. Thankfully my customer shot off an email to them, and she was called back today.
have they shipped the tubes to you yet?
Arthur, I won't place the order until I get all the cash in. But with their move, my customer is having a hard time getting her stock, let alone me getting anything. So I'm in wait mode to find out my shipping costs. Guess there's a big price difference between 8' lengths and 4' lengths via shipping. So awaiting that.