Ok what are your top .....

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
So I want to hear what your 5 favorite fly's are. And what type of water you fish. I only fish streams and prefer to dry fly fish.

1. Dave's hopper
2. Purple haze
3. PMD
4. BWO
5. Ant

I am sure this will have a lot of you thinking because even as I put my fav 5 down I am like wait what about that or what about this. But I picked these feeling no matter what time of year I can get a fish if I have one of these in my box.

For stream fishing:
Adams
Elk hair Caddis
Stimulator
Partridge and Orange
Partridge and Peacock.

For Lake:
Olive Bugger
Black Bugger
Brown bugger
Adams
Partridge and Orange.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I don't fish with 5 flies. I only use one or two or four.. Top water I like a Black Stimulator with a white wing, or a Royal Wulff. And underwater I prefer a SJW and a Black Zebra Nymph.

Don't ever come to Montana and fly fish as most fish caught here are with nymph's. I have a hard time trying to get the fish to look up, with all the nymphs they have to chow down on.

Eric Denny

Summer is over but I'm still fishing!!
I don't fish with 5 flies. I only use one or two or four.. Top water I like a Black Stimulator with a white wing, or a Royal Wulff. And underwater I prefer a SJW and a Black Zebra Nymph.

Don't ever come to Montana and fly fish as most fish caught here are with nymph's. I have a hard time trying to get the fish to look up, with all the nymphs they have to chow down on.
Well I plan on coming to montana to fish and I have heard great story's about the fishing over there. So I guess the fish will just have to show me but then you can always go with a dry with a dropper nymph.;) And as old as you are you couldn't find one more you could pick 4 but not five??

What is an orange and partridge or partridge and peacock?
An Orange and Partridge (same as Partridge and Orange) is a wet fly with a body of orange silk (waxed) and a sparse hackle of brown partridge feather usually taken from the back or "knuckle" of the bird. A Partridge and Peacock is a wet fly with a body made up of peacock herl and a hackle like that of the partridge and orange.

Both are very effective flies, especially when fished upstream, as if they were dry flies.

dogsnfish

Trout
1. Parachute adams
2. X-caddis
3. Partridge and orange/ and green
4. Pheasant tail soft hackle
5. Sparkle caddis

Steelhead
1. Something I dreamed up
2. Something a fishing buddy dreamed up
3. Lady Caroline
4. Undertaker
5. Hyatt's muddler

Mingo

the Menehune stole my beer
1, Ron Dong crease fly
2. Sar-Mul-Mac
3. Charlie Bisharat's Pole Dancer
4. Rainy's Bubble Head Popper
5. Borski Slider

Trout
1. Parachute adams
2. X-caddis
3. Partridge and orange/ and green
4. Pheasant tail soft hackle
5. Sparkle caddis

Steelhead
1. Something I dreamed up
2. Something a fishing buddy dreamed up
3. Lady Caroline
4. Undertaker
5. Hyatt's muddler
Pheasant tail soft hackle would have been my 6th choice, great fly!