Okanogan Spring Fling...pic heavy

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, May 12, 2013.

1. Patrick Allen

Patrick Allen Active Member

2. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Home Page:
    Looks like good times, glad you guys had a blast, those pictures are terrific!

3. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

For me Lost Lake was the highlight! I caught bigger fish at Aeneas, but there is something very special about "wild" trout like the brookies in Lost. Those brook trout fought very well, and of course, were beautiful. Most of our lake fishing is kind of "manufactured" in that the biologists decide how many trout the lake can support and then tinkers with it to give us the best experience. (don't get me wrong, a 5# triploid is great fun for anyone!) It is just that I love a trout (like you catch in virtually any river now) that was hatched in river gravel, and survived into adulthood. That is what is so cool about Lost Lake! (they haven't planted that lake in many years!) Rick

4. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Rick, wait until the fall when they are deeply colored up, it's breathtaking how beautiful the brookies are...and then there's the grouse, quail, etc...;)

5. funfisher

funfisher Fish On!

Great report! Headed that way in a couple of weeks with Port Ludlow Fly Fishers. Cannot wait! ;)

6. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

Grouse-Quail-etc... with some great lake fishing, now were talking! great report - one of those you want to like twice! I'm jealous!!!

7. Topstoy

Topstoy Member

So exactly where is your group heading? Will want to avoid the crowd that comes with it....