Old boats in the desert

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by troutpocket, Dec 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

I went for a walk last week and came across these old boats. Any guesses as to when WDFW stopped using stencils to mark their stuff “Property of WN State Dept of Game”?
    52D5F1C2-8663-479D-88EC-BC97D8BE5558.png F8341FCA-B475-413F-BB1B-18E58A4430A7.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

From the web:

1987 - Legislature changed Department of Game, with a Commission-appointed director, to Department of Wildlife with a Director appointed by the Governor.

1994 - Legislature merged Department of Wildlife and Department of Fisheries, creating Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW). WDFW has a 9-member Commission and the WDFW Director is appointed by the Commission.

Freestone, Buzzy, papafsh and 2 others like this.
  3. dp

dp ~El Pescador

pretty sure I know where these boats are sitting. they have been there for years. not sure if they get used. were they chained to a post stuck in the ground? I lost a Livingston on those chain of lakes a few years ago. I had it chained to a tree limb - it was my fault though. I was asking for it. it was there for 3 seasons.

dp

Buzzy likes this.
  4. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

@dp yeah it wasn’t far from where I ran into you last month

Buzzy likes this.
  5. nailbender

nailbender Active Member

It has been there for about twenty years give or take that I know of. Have never seen it move but some of the others get used occasionally.

The secret to keeping a boat in the desert is to have one so shitty no one even wants to bother vandalizing it! Let alone go to the trouble of stealing it. Not a for sure tactic but it is a good deterrent.

Freestone and troutpocket like this.
  6. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

The only guy who knew the boats are there and had a key for the lock died 10 years ago :confused: