Old Man Forum.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Apr 3, 2012.

1. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Still don't see and age. Thats the problem with being old. You forget or can't make decisions! I'm only 53 but I get tried taking off and putting on my wader to pee. Almost pee more then fish!

2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Too funny. Just wake up long enough to post between naps.

3. Bad-Daddio

Bad-Daddio Member

Olive - I see that when you're old enough to qualify, you will fit right in ;)

4. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I'm glad I'm too young for that old geezer crap. We should just get rid of them all as all they do is take up the closer handicap parking spots.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

If I put an age on here somebody would get pissed off because they ain't old enough yet. If you are retired or semi retired you should fit right in. Or if your retired but don't know it yet. I know a few are getting close to me.

I don't wear waders. It's to damn cold to run around barefooted before putting on Waders. Besides where I fish I can do it from the bank of the river, or creek. I don't get wet until I feel I need to.

6. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I'm not as soft in the ass as some of you geezers (I can still the hit high notes) but I get the senior discount at the stripper bar. Not quite a Gentleman of Leisure yet only because I was slow to figure out how to have kids and am still in the college tunnel.

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The only thing nice about being old if that you get to eat at a discounted rate. But the problem with that is they also cut back on the food. You can't win no matter how hard you try.

8. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

You still on solid food?

9. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Just cut a hole in the fly area and you are good to go.
    But at only 53, I would guess that you are not visionary enough to figure something so elementary as a simple hole in the waders.

Next question.

10. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I suppose you should at least be on medicare to qualify. I'm still 2 years from that. I've worked about 3 1/2 days per week with 8 weeks a year off for years, so I've been accused of being semi-retired! But in about 8 months I will be working 1 day a week when I want to, so that, I think, will make me semi retired! (but still not on Medicare!) Rick

11. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

If you give it a complementary title, like "Wisdom of the Aged Forum," I'm in.

...Hell, just call it "The Old Farts Forum."

12. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

I can see it now...only two topics in 'The Old Fuck's Forum' or 'OFF' for short:
    Topic 1 = "What's for Dinner?"
    Topic 2 = "How was your nap?"

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant!!!

!

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I had plans to go fishing after my workout at the "Y". The YMCA to people that know what I mean. Not that other "Y". I came home and let the dogs out for a while. I was calling them back in and I bent down to pick up a dog toy and my right knee gave out. Down I went, ass over tea kettle. I twisted my left ankle, my right knee and I landed on my right elbow.I skinned my elbow but didn't tear my shirt. Figure that one out.

Never the less I got in my truck and drove up to the river. In the time between my driving and me getting there my left ankle swelled up. Couldn't walk very good so I just went home.

It sucks when your wheels give out. No, not the wheels on my wheel chair.

And yes, I still eat solid food

15. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

There are a few of us that do qualify for such a forum in fact you might even say that we were f/fishing when most of you were still sucking on your, well at least still wearing diapers and messing in them, wait a second I guess there may be a few of us doing that now. Funny how things come around. Oh and thank GOD for Senior Parking spots and Handicapped spots. It is about time some of us old trend setters get a little help from the govt. Just remember you young bucks you too will grow old and c-nile. :confused: