Old Man Forum.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

How about Swannie River. It fit with my last Name.

2. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

I remember Rocky Ford and fishing the ponds. You couldn't fish the creek back then. I remember when I could go to the Stilly and count 75 fish in one whole.

3. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

That was real nice Krusty. I had no idea that OMJ could play the accordion. :D

4. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Here's a "senior moment" for you guys; I'm looking for a hammerless 28ga double for grouse, and found a Parker VH on Vintage Doubles' website for $1700!! Good looking little gun, but it had 30 inch barrels, which are a little long for a quick upland gun. I was almost at the point of calling Kirby Hoyt, who owns it, and waving my credit card at him, until I realized there was an additional zero at the end of the 1700--before the decimal! Oh, well, there went my chance to own one of 69 of these particular Parkers ever made...

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have never hunted. Never felt the need to go out and shoot animals. All I ever did was play in the snow, which has been doing that off and on all day. It started out with small flakes and then is was bigger flakes. Then it stopped and now it's starting up again.

I wish Spring would show up.

6. bakerite

bakerite Active Member

Ebey has the best calibatis hatch I ever saw in Western Washington....what a unique little place, float tubin' through all those trees, with fish rising everywhere. I just looked at my books and saw Roy Patrick's "Tie your own flies" and Northwest Fly patterns, with all the marks I made in them when I was a kid.

I wish Spring would show up. No kidding Old Man, I haven't been fishing yet this year because whenever I could go, the wind has been howling! We had four inches of snow yesterday and a skiff this morning. Then I picked my daughter up at tennis practice tonight and she was crying because her hands were so cold....

7. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

Those Roy Patrick books bring back some memories. I learned to tie with his TIE YOUR OWN FLIES. I still have the NORTHWEST FLY PATTERNS but I gave my Grandson the TIE YOUR OWN FLIES. He was a very nice man.

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have a little green book from that shop. It's not mine. It was my Father in law little green book. He passed away a while back and I sort of just ended up with it.

It was in with some fly fishing books I donated to the public library here in Dillon. They now have a section on fly fishing.

9. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

It started raining here last night, so it's a-coming your way, boys!

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I woke up to a white landscape. It's 27 degrees out and that white shit is still coming down. Plus the wind is blowing so it wants to drift. It looks like about 2" so far.

So much for spring time in Montana. It's more like winter. We were fooled by that nice weather we had last week Temps in the low 60's. Warm sun on my face. Not this week. But I couldn't get out if I wanted to. I can't walk, GOUT showed back up. It lays me up for about three days at a time. But it only shows up about twice a year. I can live with that.

11. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

I am sorry about you ailment, Jim. And the weather change. Looks like I will be taking care of Momma for the next two weeks or so, so the flies will have to wait until she is healed up after her surgery.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

This shit didn't hit me until a few years ago. I'm 77 so look what you other old farts have to look forward to when you get older. Ha,ha,ha.

13. PT

PT Physhicist

I'm all for a new forum if you just stay the hell over there. Or, at least keep your bitching on that side, and your useful fishing reports on this side.

:)

14. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Krusty,

That is awesome!!!!!! I grew up with Stan Boreson. You aren't old enough either, if you don't know who Wunda Wunda is!

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I was old when those shows were on. How about Howdy Doody. I always like to watch Captain Puget.