OLDMAN is the nicest guy I know, BUT.........

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Whitey, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

I'm only 67 and getting younger every day. But some times I feel like I'm 100.
    :THUMBSUP

Jim :COOK

2. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

just remember, throw 'em back

hahahahahhahahahahahahahaha.

about the waders, i think it may be a good idea. also try wearing garlic around your neck to ward off the evil fishless spirits. maybe it will also offset the old man smell.

just kidding......im such a young punk

:DEVIL

3. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Home Page:
    Hey Old man Jim,

Looks like you've got some new fans!

MacRowdy

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What do I know---I'm just an old man

Always looking for new people to fish with. Maybe some that won't pick on me. As you know I am thin skinned. But I can take all that you dish out to a point,but I won't tell you what that point is..

I think that fishing is starting to get to me. The other night I couldn't sleep so instead of counting sheep I started to count all the access points that I know of on the Stilly from the mouth and on up the N/fork to Fortson and I came up with about 50 different places to gain access to the river. And like yesterday I drove on up the S/fork and did the same. I must be going nuts.

Jim

P.S. I can't sleep again tonite so now I'm on this stupid computer and can't spell to good. You should see these words before I correct them.

5. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

But there is something seriously wrong with Jim. Now don’t get me wrong Jim, or anyone else on this site. I don’t mean personally or mentally wrong with him.

If you didn’t have a dad to take fishing, you would want to take Jim. He is exactly what you want as a fishing buddy. He is all about fishing. He gave me a fly to try the first day I met him and he didn’t even care who I was. For Jim, it is all about the camaraderie, the brotherhood of fly fishing. If ever there was a soul more deserving of a fish, it would be Jim. That’s why I don’t understand what I am about to tell you. He is the unluckiest bastard I know. But I have a theory.

I think somebody has coated his waders with a shark repellent or trout repellent if you will. Here is my proof. As mentioned before, I had fished with Oldman yesterday and couldn’t catch squat until he was out of the water. Today I met up with him again and we don’t catch dick. Whitey shows up and nobody still ain’t catchin’ nothin’. Finally, Jim says he has to bail. So that left me and Whitey on the NF alone. No sooner had he left and we started catching fish.

I don’t mean a few fish, I mean a lot of fish. I lost count and Whitey will have to remember the catch card total. I am posting a few of the pics and these aren’t all. This had to have been one of the best fishing days I’ve had all year. At any moment, I expected Brad Pitt and Robert Redford to come out of the bushes and start fishing with us. It was unreal.

So I have a proposal for the site. We all chip in and buy Oldman some new waders.

Matt

6. shockedalaskan

shockedalaskan New Member

Home Page:
    I need to loose a few pounds too. It's so damm hard when you can cook!

Thank god a got a truck big enough to carry my fat A**!

Yours,

Phil

7. Matt Burke

Matt Burke Active Member

Not to rub it in Jim, but you can clearly see by these blow ups that they are all different. I would go fishing with you anytime. I don't care about bad luck rubbing off. It's cool just fishing with ya.

Matt