WTB On a Quest: WTB Danner River Gripper wading boots

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TonyZ, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

I challenge all fisher persons out there to dig through their gear in order to complete my Quest.

I'm looking for a pair of the old school wading boots called the River Gripper by a favorite local company, Danner. felt sole in size 10 mens and good condition. I know someone has a pair sitting around they aren't using any more. Will offer a fair price. Email me if you have a pair, your asking price and a pic. See link below for pic of what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eh1snqOKvnI/Tr_OZvpLcJI/AAAAAAAAGtM/NY8JjF8VDiA/s1600/1360522b.JPG

2. zugbug4

zugbug4 New Member

Today may be your lucky day............I noticed a pair on the flybc.ca website a couple of weeks ago...........and they just happened to be size 10........here is the link............let me know if it doesn't work or you need me to get some contact info: http://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showtopic=35464

Good luck..........hope it works out.

Brian

3. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

Thanks Brian, I'll look into it! Wait, is Canadian size 10 the same as US, just kidding

4. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

Bump... The quest is still on. I can't bring myself to spend $100 for the boots and $30-40 for shipping from Canada.

5. MT_Flyfisher

MT_Flyfisher Active Member

Tony -

I have a pair of these Danner boots size #10 in MT that I haven't used in a number of years. Unfortunately, I am in PA now and won't be going there until mid-May. From memory, I would say that my Danners are in very good condition, except that the laces might need to be replaced (I can't actually remember how good they are). I had put replacement felts with spikes on them at one time, so that's what's on the bottoms of the boots now.

I know you probably want a pair sooner than I can get to mine, but let me know if you don't find another pair sooner and/or feel you might be interested in them. On an even longer time horizon, my best friend is from Vancouver, WA, and he also is in MT for the summer, and returns home to WA at the end of September/beginning of October and I might be able to ask him to take these boots with him then.

John

6. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

John, thank you, shoot me a PM when you get in town, I am actualy interested in more than one pair, I always have an "emergency" set of gear in the pickup at all times, and with the upcoming rotation of gear, I plan on leaving some waders and boots in there now too.

7. TonyZ

TonyZ Member

My Quest has been completed. Thanks Keith for hooking me up with a great pair with lots of life left in them!

8. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

Dude, spotted here, size 10 Danner wading boots.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/spo/2851765163.html This is Vancouver, BC. I'm sure he could ship for whatever it costs.

*NOTE: I have nothing to do with this seller. I assume no responsibility for the outcome, unless it is a good, then I take all credit and praise.

9. Norseman1

Norseman1 Spey Fishing the Mighty Columbia......

That's the same guy Zugbug recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.