One less tweaker to worry about

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Jul 10, 2010.

1. dudeitsme0

dudeitsme0 Fishing mmmmmm

I would be up for this idea. Hate thieves!

2. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

My old truck had about 220 thousand miles on it. I traded it in for a nice, shiney new one. Now, it is my fault that people are breaking into vehicles because I drive a nice truck to the river. Bullshit! The fault lies with the person committing the crime. Period!

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Agreed Kerry. I shouldn't have to go buy a second vehicle (when I have no job, and nowhere to keep it) just because there are tweakers around. Us having to change our ways because of these shitbags is BS on every level.

While I do understand the logic of taking a more run down rig out to the river; it's just not an option for many of us. I do what I can to keep anything tempting left in the rig while I'm on the water, but that's about the best I can do. My only other option is to stay home, and that's definitely not going to happen.

4. wolverine

wolverine Member

Salmo for president!

5. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

The only thing an older truck means to a tweaker is "It's less likley to have an alarm installed".

I'm not changing what I drive for anyone. If someone wants to break into my ride, fine. I'm insured and frankly I wouldn't mind walking up on someone trying to break in to my ride. The cardiovascular exercise you get from punching someones nose until it comes out of the back of their head will save a trip to the gym.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Round 'em all up. Put them together in a drug free zone where they have to forage and work for their basic needs. Those that do make it through such a rehabilitation experience might be good for society. If there are hazards around you they should be mitigated or eliminated as best as possible. Killing them maybe an extreme approach, but it seems to have better resolution potential than booking and releasing them repeatedly so that they can continue to foster their self chosen illness at our expense. Escalation of crime is a statistically proven feature. A mild mannered tweaker committing crime will step it up for their next fix. Who is more a benefit to society, that poor sick tweaker who has an illness (again, one that is at least in part self selected) or the innocent victim(s) of their continued crime escalation? Let's not rush to kill them all and get blood on our hands. Let's put them all together and see how their own tweaked out micro chasm of society works it out. Salmo_g 2012!

7. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Agreed Mumbles. I'm a big believer in natural selection, and it's going to catch up to us at some point. If we as a species keep stooping down to support the weakest links, we're all going to get screwed in the long run (or in the short run... guess we're already getting screwed).

8. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

POPCORN ANYONE?

9. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

As long as it's buttered and liberally sprinkled with garlic salt.......

Salmo for Attorney General.......!!!!

Jc

10. FLYRODR

FLYRODR Guest

Reading all these responses is way more entertaining than anything I'll ever find between two hard covers! After over 31 years of chasing bad guys, I've seen a lot of really weird shit that are made into movies. And the 31 years had convinced me a long time ago that there will always be a segment of society who are essentially the "hyenas of the human population..." Common thieves are the ultimate opportunists. An abandoned rig whether it is new or old is too tempting to ignore for many. And the problem of car prowl has caused me to give up fishing many waters I use to frequent. Not worth the worry while fishing and not worth the hassle of repair when it happens...

11. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

I wouldn't miss one (or all) tweakers that mysteriously disappear. However, on the off chance someone here is actually considering confrontation with a weapon of any kind, don't. Document and call the police. Pop the guy you'll be doing time. You MIGHT get away with gun display but you had better get on the phone and tell the cops before he does.
    Dropping the dirt bag is a delicious thought but not worth doing time. That would be a tragic waste.

12. Larrys

Larrys New Member

Good on ya for taking the effort to call the police!!

To those that say its the victims fault for having nice things I say "bullshit".

To those that alter their life for fear of being victimized by thieves I say "thats a shame" (although it is a choice you are free to make)

I once caught a guy stealing a tool from the bed of my truck....It was a great feeling when the 30' tape measure that was on my hip conected with the side of his head with all the force I could generate.

13. Mike Lee

Mike Lee It's all about the sauce.....

I had a tweaker loot a beach house I was working on down at Dash Point [Sorry Saville, this house is near you]. We were off the project for 2 weeks. During the time the culprit squatted in the house, ate just about everything there, Shot up [burnt spoons everywhere], stole clothing, called his buddies, and loaded up a boat with a bunch of goods and also more from 5 other homes nearby he broke in to. His buddies left with some of the goods and he tried to take off in my clients 13' smoker. Idiot didn't mount the mercury on correct or put the boat plug in so he got about 1/2 a mile south lost the motor and beached it at the state park. Ranger came by and said he needed to move his boat and he cant sleep there. He left the boat and ran up the hillside ripping off his clothe having a bad trip. Made it to a house asking for help. The people let him in! Fire Dept showed up, cleaned up his scratches and drove him back to the state park, dropped him off with a blanket. Then he broke in to another house down the road. Called his mom from the house phone for a ride. Police questioned the mother, but still this tweak was out on the loose. 3 weeks later he was picked up by the local PD for something minor, they let him go, drove him back to the park as he said he was camping there. Finally he was caught because my client drove through the park and recognized her tent. Apparently this kid has a long record of substance abuse and has been in and out of the "house" several times. The sytem is not working all to well, but I don't know what the system is.

Norcal, you mentioned that you are a recovering addict and you have friends that are also in recovery. You also mentioned that the jail system is not effective and that one can easily get drugs while doing time. Because you have first hand experience with this would you be willing to write up something that can help educate the system to possibly make the system work better? I'm not harping on you nor trying to obligate you in any way. I'm just asking as I am quite ignorant in how the process works and have absolutely no experience on the inside. If you don't want to forward the info yourself I would be more than willing to handle that if provided. If what you mentioned is true our tax dollars are not working in the best of ways [much like many other programs]. I am convinced that a large percentage of what we pay into [not focusing on any one area] overlaps with other departments and the efficiency was only gained back when it was formed and lost when the next generation of bills were passed. So if we can make an existing system work better then why not?

Since this isn't Magnum,Oklahoma where they encourage everyone to carry a sidearm and the crime rate is 0%, but more so Washington "the enabling state [my opinion]".

14. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

If you want to stop tweekers, pushers and the drug cartels, legalize drugs. Prohibition didn't work and the "war on drugs" isn't working either. You'd have way more space for murderers rapists and thieves in prison. If drugs were legal, these guys wouldn't have to cook up meth, they could get what they needed legally. You all might be bad ass M F'ers, but don't go shooting or beating anybody, call the police!

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I'm all for legalization and ending the war on drugs... But shitbags will still be shitbags. I think tweakers will still do what they do because they can't function well enough to hold a job while on that crap (unlike other, more naturally produced substances).