Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

OP/Yak spring break report

546 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jabseattle 
#1 ·
Thanks to those of you that answered my questions about the OP. I had an awsome trip over there (I am currently trying to figure a way to play hooky from school and not fail all my classes so I can go back for another weekend). We fished on the Hoh for 4 days (March 16-20). Water seemed to be in nice shape except for the last day when the (SF of the Hoh?) started to dump in some pretty dirty water. So far in my 4 plus years of fly-fishing the lower 48 this ranks as one of my most favorite trips. Overall the fishing was slow. I was able to land my first steelhead to a flyrod (black stonefly nymph) and much to my frustration I LDRed one other. The Yak....fished it the day before and day after fishing the Hoh. First day it was so windy that it blew our raft back upstream. Was only able to manage one fish. On the last day we floated from KOA to Ringer. Saw plenty of fish, had plenty of LDRs but just couldn't manage to bring a fish to hand. Oh well, I'm still learning how to fish that river. Anyways, sorry the report was late but better late than never.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.