Opening Day

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Tony the Trout, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Hitting a small bass lake that holds very few trout. That helps keep the crowds way down.

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Might have to take my friend's kid who is my sometimes fishing buddy if he wants to go, as he's in school during the week. Actually, I'm hoping the surf is good and he wants to surf, so I can work then and fish later during the week. My plan is to go late, anyway.
    Since my squanoe is drydocked, I'll have to take my 16' slug with the 4 stroke, which will have the effect of narrowing the gaps between all the boats on the small lake i have in mind. However, the bigger and uglier craft will give me the upper hand in a larger number of "chicken face-offs" if we decide to attempt to troll through the clusterfork.:hmmm:
    Ill be wearing my Cocoons over my game face:cool:, even if its cloudy. And there'd better not be a power bait plunker in my favorite spot!ptyd:clown:

Oh yeh, I tried to get a jump on it today on my way home from Sequirm, at Lake Leland. I would have gone to Gibbs, but I had my mini-drifter on a trailer. Leland ssucked. Actually, it blew. I worked part of the shoreline, but the wind was bad and trolled mostly, nary a sign of any fish, water temp either 49 or 50 F, lost a couple of good Buggers to snags, visibility maybe two feet....might be a good bass or panfish lake later. Not gonna be one of my faves, I can tell already.

3. Ethan G.

Ethan G. I do science.. on fish..

Leland is no good for trout. It has some OK bass and crappie, though.
    -Ethan

4. Jim Hewitt

Jim Hewitt Member

I am planning on heading up to 'Battlerake' on Sunday. too. I'll be the guy in the Southfork that doesn't know what he is doing. This will be my first time on a lake so I talked to the guys at Creekside and should have most of the appropriate gear. I am looking forward to this trip. I have heard it is a beautiful lake. My plan is to hit it in the afternoon and hopefully avoid some of the crowd.

5. MasterAnglerTaylor

MasterAnglerTaylor Member

I just want to be out fishing (dont care about crowds i guess) in sun, who knew it would ever show up for two days in row. Plus, i wanna put some of those stockers on smoker.

6. gator7354

gator7354 Member

Medical in AM and West Medical in the afternoon.

7. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

I will be fishing out of a blue fishcat, 2 buddies with me using float tubes. I have fished that lake a fair amount, so if you're struggling don't be afraid to ask for pointers. Stockers in there aren't very picky. A good place to start is a red carey or spratley #10. Lots of action on the fly should result in lots of action for you:thumb:
    Good luck
    Tony

8. seatownbrock

seatownbrock Still in the 206.....

I will be out at rattlesnake as well. Blue Outcast pontoon, cooler on the back. Stop by for a beverage if you see me! :beer2:

9. Curtis

Curtis New Member

I will be visiting the snake as well. I will be in a little white fiberglass boat with my grandpa. My brother Jason and I just finished refinishing the boat, so will be POPPING ITS CHERRY!!!!

10. SightCast6X

SightCast6X americanshotgunner.com

I'll be on Rattlesnake on Sunday in a Clacka with a Minn Kota trolling motor on the back. Red Tan white. Jet Boiling some coffee and hangin out.

:thumb:

11. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

I should be there as well if the boss lets me. Green Canoe with a cooler of beer and a golden retriever. :beer2: Float by and grab a cold one. :thumb:

12. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

That is my plan. I got a foot with a torn ligament so I was going to sit in a nice chair and fish with powerbait.

Just hearing the Russians cuss at each other should be interesting enough to make it worth while . :beer2:

13. Quan

Quan Super Fat Cat Float Tuber

I'll be at Padden as well in my Porta-Bote drinkin' beers and givin' the lady a chance to catch some easy fish to throw on the 'cue. :beer2::beer1:

14. Josh

Josh dead in the water

I'm for sure going to roll up there to take a look at the zoo. I doubt I'll get a line wet though.

15. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

ill be at fish lake in my float tube.