Osama Bin Laden is Dead!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smc

smc Active Member

Only one color, but not one size
    Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies
    Present in sun, but not in rain
    Doing no harm, and feeling no pain

You are a shadow. And a bad speller.

2. troutramp

troutramp Member

I tell you what else I am, I am fair and since you think your such a bad ass on line I will give you the opportunity to be one in real life.

3. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

SMC, not sure what or who you are except being pretty damn funny! Trouttramp, I've been called a lot of things before, but never sensitive! Other than that most of what you wrote is just plain stupid and has nothing to do with what I wrote, unless you were trying to be funny..who cares! Pay attention now: Kindegarten politics: you can disagree with Obama and not be a rascist and you can be a person of color, disagree with him and not be a rascist. When certain things are written and in certain ways they can be rascist...or not! Thats where basic common sense has to be applied, so you can tell the difference between the two and not have to get your education on the internet. The veiled 'rascist' statements I referred to are blatantly obvious unless you really do get your education on the internet...sorry about that! The blatantly rascist statements...remember that this is more than just calling people names....were obvious on the early posts on this thread. It's OK, it's not the first time that type of attitude has been revealed by some members of this site, I just can't see how it got twisted around on the topic at hand...remember what it was??? Osama is dead!!

4. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Funny, yet racist.

5. troutramp

troutramp Member

Speaking of racist how about the use of the term/name "Geronimo" for bin laden by the state department? I think the Apaches should take offence to that, it is racist and poor judgement to compare bin laden in anyway to a Native American. Hows that for basic common sense?
    oh and I guess you calling me stupid (and I am not white) is automatically racist by your own liberal logic. I thought this was not about name calling?
    I think this is more about liberals liking to pick fights on line because they cant do it in real life.
    Oh and for the record I will be the first to give Obama credit for having the stones to go through with the mission. I dont give him all the credit but any due is on its way from me.

6. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

The sun shines today
    People celebrate life lost
    The world seems distant

7. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

I wonder, did OBL ever fly-fish?

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Who cares?

9. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Things might have been different if he had... just sayin.

10. Philster

Philster Active Member

No, he was, according to many, a Falconer before he hit the terrorist big time.

11. troutramp

troutramp Member

Seriously hope there is some sunshine in your weather forecast up there, maybe Ill bring some with me from AZ when I come up next week.

12. Philster

Philster Active Member

If you're a military historian, an enemy is an enemy. Doesn't matter how much folks romanticize a historical figure. Geronimo fought, using "guerilla tactics" against the expansion of the U.S. and Mexico. Seems rather fitting if you don't get all namby pamby PC about it. "The Noble Savage" stereotype is just as racist as the "Savage Animal" stereotype. Geronimo was a great Leader/General/Strategist, who waged war against a larger force and held out for an amazingly long time considering the odds. Let's not pretend he was anything more.

13. smc

smc Active Member

Thank you for that, Mike. It's beautiful, and perfectly illustrates the dichotomy that I feel - the deep satisfaction that an evil man has been removed from this world, and the echoing void of sadness so eloquently expressed by Dr. Martin Luther King (excerpt from Eric Tarcha's earlier post): "Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars".

But. OBL had it coming. He would have killed you, your mother, your daughter, my daughter, my father, my wife. He would have killed KerryS and Mumbles and Troutramp and the rest of us all without care, just as he killed those many thousands on September 11th, 2001.

Sometimes there are no easy answers and we carry on. God bless the men and women who lead and serve this country, who bear the burden of difficult questions and unspeakable answers.

14. John Hicks

John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Home Page:
    If this last mission did not actually kill OBL, and he actually died years ago, then Al Quaida would have exploited that fact by now. They would have shown proof that he had been long dead.

If OBL was still alive and somewhere else both him and Al Quaida would have posted pictures after the fact that he is still alive.

So Al Quaida actually has publically denounced the death of OBL. Saying it was murder. This statement says that they believe the U.S.

The ISI, Pakistans intelligence agency has interviewed eye witnesses to the events and they say that U.S. forces went in and a firefight happened then the U.S. forces came out with bodies.

What greater way to attack the west than to show that we are a bunch of liars......So if they are not doing these things one can figure that well hey, maybe OBL is dead. Just sayin.

15. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

hear, hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.