Outcast 300 at Costco

Picked up a pair of Outcast 300s from Costco this morning. $300 a piece versus $500 in the Cabela's catalog. This is the one with a built-in wheel and 400 lbs. capacity. They had 10 left at the Silver Lake Store up by Everett when we left.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
Greg Smith said:
Please describe an Outcast 300. I can't find a reference to it on the outcast site.

Greg
Same here. I just went to their web site and couldn't find anything on it. Is it a pontoon boat or a float tube. Or is it a discontued item.

Jim

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Greg Smith said:
Please describe an Outcast 300. I can't find a reference to it on the outcast site.

Greg
It's probably a special model made for sale at Costco. I checked both the Cabelas and Costco sites and couldn't find that specific model. They do have other pontoon's listed on their site.

I'm curious what type of tubes / valves that they have. I think I'm going to go for a Super Fat Cat this year. Don't want to mess with a frame and want it only for lakes.

I just checked the boat at my local Costco. Its called an Outfitter 300 not an Outcast 300. I have no idea about the quality of the boat.

Greg

Obsessed

That is the one Fred.

The boat may be a bargain, I don't know, but I suspect the guy on Craigslist probably bought it at Costco and is hoping to score a quick sale with a nice mark-up.

For those of you that are interested, the boat looks a lot like a Trout Unlimited Rogue River.

I went down to Costco to check out the boat. I looks Okay for the price. It is a steel frame not aluminum thus weighing in at 90 lbs. a we bit heavy. Maybe this is why thy stuck the wheel on it. And yes it totally looks like the Trout unlimted boat but in a different box.

Obsessed said:
That is the one Fred.

The boat may be a bargain, I don't know, but I suspect the guy on Craigslist probably bought it at Costco and is hoping to score a quick sale with a nice mark-up.
Good point; wouldn't want to be betting against you!:rofl:

Sorry, I went out and looked at the boxes again this morning and its an Outfitter 300 not Outcast. :beathead:

Its identical to the Trout Unlimited boat without the graphics.