Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Outcast Commander

Boats 
3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Mark Walker 
#1 ·
Thinking about one of these for my better half. She isn't at ease in a float tube.
I've read the threads already posted. Anyone have anything to add?
Little or no whitewater usage.
Thanks

#5 ·
Hit up Randall Clark. He has one. I think he really likes it. I've been thinking about adding one to the fleet for those times when some speed on lakes would be nice without the hassle of a SOT where you can't easily use fins for positioning, and for drifting rivers too.

#9 ·
Very happy with mine so far.
They're well made, well designed and do the job without fuss.
Also, I have had excellent after sales service from Outcast after one of my oar locks cracked and they sent me 2 new parts quickly and without charge. (I understand the part has been changed since I got mine)
I only have two minor complaints with the boat.
First, it is a wet ride in any sort of chop and I've now got a waterproof bag for tackle ect - this would be a must have for the Commander IMHO.
Second, the foot rest area is narrow. I'm tall have have big feet and it probably wouldn't be an issue for someone a bit smaller.

#12 ·
I love mine
Want to buy another so a buddy isn't so jealous
took mine to the yucatan
Had fun in the light surf
Wouldn't put kayak paddle on, oars are easy to use and you can just drop them to fire a cast at a riser
I use it mostly for small lakes and tidal estuaries
I can offer a test ride if you want
One small issue is they used cheap stainless for the oar locks so there is some staining
I put a Scotty rod holder on which is helpful

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.