Outcast Stealth Pro patch kit

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by the_grube, Jan 8, 2018.

1. the_grube

the_grube Active Member

I inspected the patch kit that shipped with my stealth pro when I bought it, read the 'destructions' and noticed that the patches were 'peel n stick'. I took a closer look today, at the actual patches in the kit, and saw 2 largish pieces of vinyl, and 2 largish pieces of urethane (assume for the bladders); but no visible sign of a peel and stick design.

Seems like I need to purchase some kind of cement/adhesive, or look closer at the patch kit. I'm starting to float areas that are pretty barren and have no cell phone coverage. Being able to field repair the boat is a requirement. I'll poke around for you tube videos and such, but the folks here are so dang knowledgeable that I wanted to get some input here. Thanks (don't hesitate to post up vids if you know of good ones)

2. chromefinder

chromefinder Member

for a very simple on the water emergency patch kit for Outcast Boats:
    • Alcohol Prep Pads (for cleaning the surface to be patched)
    • Sharpie Marker
    • a few pieces of Tear-Aide Type A for (Urethane) or Tear-Aide Type B (for Vinyl) repair tape - The Type A tape will patch the Urethane Airecells used in the Stealth Pro and the Type B tape works for the Vinyl Aircells used in the Scout
    • Aquaseal UV (works great for simple punctures in waders, pvc, etc)
    • Duct tape wrapped around a Popsicle stick
    • Valve wrench for your specific valve
    • Your favorite Swiss Army knife or multi-tool
    Video here

For Scadden Craft Emergency Repair Kit:
    • Take a whole Extra BOAT ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    mbowers and the_grube like this.
  3. the_grube

the_grube Active Member

Thanks chromefinder... I'll bet there are a couple of those peel and stick patches in the kit that came with my Stealth, I just didn't recognize them. Outcast and K-pump are 2 outfits that I'm continually impressed with their commitment to customer service, and building products that work well and last.

4. Haggis57

Haggis57 New Member

I'll second the recommendation for the Tear-Aid patches included in the Outcast repair kits.. I had a pinhole leak right beside a seam on a 12 year old vinyl bladder from an Outcast Fish Cat Streamer XL. Because of the seam I couldn't center the patch and the hole ended up about 3/8" from one edge of the patch. I patched the bladder at the edge of a sketchy smelling pond just using an alcohol swab and the Tear-Aid B patch. The patch lasted for 3 more days of fishing. When I got home, I removed the patch to do a more permanent repair. However, when I saw how completely the "emergency" repair patch had adhered, I just put another Tear-Aid patch on and called it a day. Excellent product. I now have an Outcast Fish Cat Scout and the Tear-Aid B patches are my primary repair material. Aquaseal, Tenacious Tape and Duct Tape are the backups.

Ken

5. the_grube

the_grube Active Member

Great input here! So I looked at the kit that shipped with my stealth, it just appears to be 2 large swaths (8x8 inches) of PVC and 2 swaths of urethane the same size. I didn't find any tear-aid; maybe I lost it. At any rate I'm going to pick some up.

6. the_grube

the_grube Active Member

So, I found the tear-aid patches that came with the boat on the floor of the shed that I keep my raft in.... I did order a tear-aid type-A patch kit and an extra oar for my stealth pro. The floats that I'm doing require more diligence than splashing around Pass lake, or doing the Skykomish from Sultan to Monroe in summer. Truth is I should have geared up better sooner. Thanks all for the help on this topic.