Pass Lake 2/2/13

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Roper, Feb 2, 2013.

1. PT

PT Physhicist

Hmmmm. I did you better by a couple the other day in flowing water somewhere.... Thought you might want to reconsider the comment. One of many for the day. :)

Attached Files:

• 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      4.1 MB
      Views:
    Nick Clayton and Roper like this.
  2. Islander

Islander Steve

What a motley crew. :p Well, with the exception of Double F (Tim) and Thomas. I haven't met them yet so I shouldn't make disparaging comments about them.
    Glad you guys got some water time and into some fish. Don't know if it's the same bird or not but the eagle flying off with my fish in my avatar is from Pass. Same as Scott's experience. I'm getting anxious for the opener.

3. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Thanks for the great pictures Roper-a fun day for sure! Nice to meet a bunch of WFF people. I was close to Nick when he had his close encounter with the eagle, and right next to Scott when the same thing happened. I have a feeling that eagle has this routine dialed in! Looking forward to a little warmer weather and yesterday was a great preview! Rick

4. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

I'm glad to hear you guys got a few hours of respite from the shack nasties. It sounds like you had a great day. It certainly trumped my 2 hours of plowing snow! However it was sunny............

sigh...Ive

5. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

It was good to meet all you guys as well. Although the day was kind of working against me. I landed a nice rainbow first cast of the day on a red micro leech I tied which I believe is bad luck. Although I caught more fish I worked hard for each and spent my lunch break repairing a pinhole leak in my seam. Anyways I though id share a couple of my photos of the lake and the eagle. I managed to get my camera up right as it dive bombed you guys.

Attached Files:

jimmydub likes this.
  6. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Great photos Thomas...

7. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Thomas:

Nice pictures. I like that eagle in a stoop. Glad you were able to patch the boat.

Scott / MB

8. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Nice pics. I plan to head up that way this Spring and camp at Deception Pass, and fish Pass for the first time.
    Those Hooded Mergansers look a lot different then the Common Mergansers I see here all over the place.

9. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Jim, the drakes were really putting on a show for the hens. They would puff up their crest feathers and the white area would double in size. They are a colorful bird to begin with but in courtship they get really brilliant. Finally having a sunny day help to really "pop" the colors in the photos. They were a lot of fun to watch.