Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass Lake 8/6

874 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Davy 
#1 ·
I was finally able to venture off Island for a bit this weekend. On the way back I decided to skip the $40 ferry ride (had the tin tipi with me) and come down from the north end. I stopped at Pass around 2 pm and was on the water around 2:30. The wind was blowing when I first got there and by the time I hit the water it had got worse. It was blowing straight off the ramp towards the back end of the lake so I just let it take me that direction and figured I'd fish the back shoal. Picked up a couple of fish on the way but things really picked up once I got to the end of the lake. The wind was getting really bad so I anchored up in about 12-15 feet of water and did the cast, count and strip thing with my Redhead Nymph. Netted 7 and LDR'd a few more. The action slowed after a couple of hours and I was hungry and tired of fighting the wind so I rowed back to the ramp only to have the wind stop when I got there. All the fish were rainbows in the 16-18 inch range. All but one fought hard and took several runs. The odd one was an 18" fish that inhaled my fly and went straight down ( I have to admit I was thinking "Brown") then went limp and let me drag him in. It was long but real skinny, kind of weird looking fish. The weather was nice, other than the wind and I had the lake to myself. All in all some much needed time on the water.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.