Pass lake in November?

I've been having a blast learning Stillwater fly fishing, mostly on Pass lake, for the last few months. The weather has been (surprisingly) nice but now I see some snow (and wind) and I find myself reluctant to go fishing. So my question (I guess ) is should I put my purse down, put my big boy pants on and go fishing? Or would I just be a fool out in the snow that should be home learning to tie flies next to the heater? Basically , being new to fishing this part of the world, how late into the winter is fishing Pass Lake a fun thing to do? Jim

Kfish

LOL I used to so be into that song November Rain way back when.
I fished it a bit from shore around 6:30 this morning as a quick stop onto another destination. There were some slashes and ripples but noticeably slower than before the cold snap.

Roper

Idiot Savant
There’s a bunch of us that fish it on New Years Day...so one might say November is no big deal. You should join us...

Layer up, take breaks to warm your feet back up, try gloves with no finger tips, hot beverage in a thermos, and have fun!

Yeah, ditch the purse...

Scott Salzer

previously micro brew
Go out, no reason to have the season end. New Year's Day is a hoot.

I have fished Pass when it was mostly frozen with a couple of ice free acres that I was able to get to from the road side.

dibling

My best Pass day was actually in January on a mid-40s day. I'm either bad at fishing or just had oddly good timing. Maybe a little column a) & column b)? Fish gotta eat.

PeteM

I grew up fishing Pass Lake (I lived in Oak Harbor). What I found is that there can certainly be hot times of the year but that tends to correspond more to your favorite methods of fishing than it is to the fish. Winter months are slower but you can still have fantastic days. For instance, I prefer fishing streamers and nymphs so there are some months were that style catches a lot of fish. I tend to struggle in the months where chironomids are the key fly because I don't enjoy that style of fishing much. People who can fish a broader array of styles and can fine tune to the elements will continue to catch fish year round at Pass (and other lakes).