Pass lake report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Caveman, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

Went to Pass lake today. Got there at 8:00 and left at 2:30. Hooked 30 plus fish but could only land 24 of them. THe biggest was 20. And all were rainbows. We planned on using chironomids but we never made it that far since the fishing was good. We were using streamers. Didn't get out first fish until 9:30 and it was slow from 1:30 on. NOt to bad I would say.

Caveman

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

Duh!!!! Sounds like a great day :)

3. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

pass got a big input of 6" browns this spring and the 6" rainbows from last year are now 12". there's a good age group of bows that are 17-20 also. a lot less boring place to fish lately, but hte big boys are still hard to find.

4. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

Thanks for the report Cave, good job.:)

5. Caveman

Caveman Member

Ya it was pretty fun. I was hopoing to get some browns but no luck. Hope it is good like this from now on. I did see some guys using chironomids on the other side and they hooked into 40 or more fish.

Caveman

6. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

yeah my buddy and i hit the lake from sunrise to about the same time. i started out with a type III and peacock bugger trolling around the northern shoreline searching for some fish. i had a couple of small bumps until my rod doubled over on the far end of the lake by the root ball on the shore. real feisty 20" bow came to hand. really thick healthy fish. i turned around and as soon as my fly was in the same zone boom another one. and another. and another. i hit 6 fish like clockwork in the same spot so i called my buddy (literally thanks cell phones....) and had him meet up with me. we anchored and switched up to chironomids and just nailed em. he is pretty new to the game and when i rigged him with a couple size 16 snocones under an indicator he looked at me like i was nuts. he wasnt complaining when about 5 minutes later he was slipping his net under a 23" bow, an easy 4 lb fish. it was so girthy i couldnt believe it. we brought around 40 fish to hand with as many missed strikes, mostly 12-14" plants but we had several fish around the 20" mark come to hand. those planters were a blast though, they had a lot of spirit. i also caught a few small browns around the 6" mark. i caught a couple more including a nice 21" bow that brought me into my backing over by the road as i trolled that same bugger (in a smaller size 12) back to the boat launch. all in all a great day on the water, i got to use my new sage and ross combo which i am madly in love with, and my buddy is picking things up and starting to enjoy himself out there.

red and black gold ribbed snocones were money. 14-16 in size. another really hot one i was using was a flashy black with red tail, on a 16 hook. that took a couple of my bigger fish. we were anchored in 14 feet of water, and kind of fancasted around, keeping our chiros close to the bottom.

7. Ryan Francis

Ryan Francis HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF ME, BUT THINKING

I fished Pass on sunday morning, after my kids were done Easter egg hunting, caught 6 fish in
    a hour and half or so. Lake seemed slow compared to last weekend, baro dropped, no birds
    feeding, however my partner was able to catch a nice Brown of about 22 inches, all my fish
    were small stockers. Still better day than not fishing at all.