Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass Lake this Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Randall Bryett 
#1 ·
I enjoyed it so much last weekend I figured I'd go again this week! I'll be there from dawn until dark. Just look for the Green Pontoon w/o the oars. If any of you guys are planning on going let me know, because I'm bringing the Bar-b-q! burgers&dogs... :beer2:

#2 ·
Pencil me in as a definite maybe Wayne. I will see if loopy lefty wants to go.

I am more of a noon till 4:20 kinda guy this time of year instead of dark to dark but ya never know :cool:

No college football Sunday and the weather calls for mid 30s and snow flurries so it should be perfect conditions :thumb:

I'll PM you as plans firm up.
LT

#4 ·
Sunday was pretty darn good for my friend and I. We located some active fish in one area of the lake and had a some decent luck on nymphs & streamers.

LT...I'll just listen for your horn & you bombin' down the road doin' 80 mph with the pontoon on the on top! :thumb:

#11 ·
As long as there is skinny water out there to wade in you'll have one hell of a time getting me on a lake. I only fish lakes when the frost is no more and I won't freeze my gonads off. And when the rivers are shut down.

Jim

Look me up in April and I'll take you to a good small lake that is fly fishing only.

Jim

#14 ·
Hey Now,

It looks like we are going to have quite a group on Pass Lake tomorrow.

So far:
Fishboy and one of his coworkers are all over it
Lefty Loops is bringing one of his buddies
LT will be in the hizzy
Islander wants to get some
Fjordshark will be in the worlds smallest driftboat at 16"(not to be missed if ya ax me)
Micro Brew is trying to make it
smd said he is will be there
Livetofish and his Dad plan on netting a couple
OldMan Jim is......Oh wait, Jim aint coming :( but,
I did hear a rumor that we may have a Backyard sighting :eek:

I just thought I'd bump this to the top and see if anyone else wants to hook up. Fishboy is bringing his BBQ so bring something to burn or just bring a sammich from home but come on out and catch your first fish of the year :thumb:

Hope to see ya there,
LT :beer2: :cool: :beer1: ptyd

#17 ·
Didn't fish it today but, drove by on my way to Mt. Vernon. The Lake was absolutely gorgeous today. I saw 5 cars in the lot at 10:30 am on my way back tonite I saw one guy parked on the side of the road above the parking lot at 5 PM. It was a beautiful day on the lake and tomorrow sis suppose to be more of the same. If you don't have to work ;I'd get out there...
me, I'll be workin' :mad:

#20 ·
As the others said it was a gorgeous day. :thumb: Except I only had one take and no fish to show for it....I'm starting to feel like Jim bawling: But it was great to see some new WFF folks and Fishboy turned me on to a cool fly. Thanks.

#21 ·
My report for Monday:

Bitterly cold. 35 degrees out. Water was 40 degrees. Another gentleman and I fished the point from our pontoon boats.

I had one strike and wasn't paying attention and that was it. Does your inner voice ever say Well that was the one strike you drove all the way here to get and you flubbed it. There will be no more action for you today.

That's okay - it was more about the process of fishing anyway. I tried out my carey specials (which is what I got the strike on) and some chironomids I had tied up though it was kind of windy.

I tried out a new Scotty rod holder - never had one before. I'm hooked.

#22 ·
Hey Fishboy,
Thanks for inviting us up. Kate and I had a great time meeting some of WFF guys and fishing the lake. Microbrew,FjordShark, Doug and others. Thanks for bringing the barbie and toewarmers mate. It was a little chilly for a bloke that has spent the last 5 weeks in 100+ temps but fun and least sunny just the same. Great turn out of fishos :thumb:

Cheers
Randall and Kate :beer2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.