Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass lake

Tags
lake pass
3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Smalma 
#1 ·
After watching 4 or 5 boats fishing with 2 rods I called the department of fish and game. And they told me that you can not fish with two rods at pass they told me that I will get a ticket if I'm caught fishing with 2 rods. If they change the regs they should post the new reg either at pass or update the regs. See you a pass tight lines to all and to all fish on

#2 ·
I was under the impression that Pass was now indeed a two rod lake.

Edit- According to the game laws only lakes with a special symbol next to them are excluded from the two rod endorsement. Pass does not have that symbol next to it in the regs which would make two rods legal.

#4 ·
Yeah, it sounds like whomever you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about. Two rods are legal there.

Reactions: Buzzy
#10 ·
If I got a ticket for fishing two rods I would fight it till the bitter end
How can the state expect us to follow their regs when they are so friggen ridiculous. One page says one thing, another page says another. So stupid.

I haven't fished Pass in a couple of years but if I did I would have zero reservations about fishing two rods..

#11 ·
Would be nice if the site were consistent with itself but I don't see that happening. Another example is where a lake shows as seasonal in the rules, then is listed as year round elsewhere such as the stocking reports...same site. Easy to see how it happens.

On the other hand I've never heard of anyone getting screwed over it in terms of penalties.

#15 ·
Thanks for chiming in and clearing that up Justin. Much appreciated.

Hi All,
You may use two poles at Pass Lake.

I updated the Fish Washington page to reflect the Sportfishing Rules Pamphlet. It may take a couple of days for the change to move through the system. Thanks for catching that inconsistency.

Justin Spinelli
WDFW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.