Pass Lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Nick Riggs, Mar 7, 2006.

1. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

You sound like a smart kid with a respectible work ethic and family values.

You sound like you have your priorities in the right place to me. Just remember to always be planning ahead and set some goals.

For fishing - you usually have plenty of light left after school to hit the local rivers and lakes and beaches. You have winter, spring, and summer breaks (and probably several others). Try and work the odd shifts that others don't like - very early, late, etc. This should give you a better window for fishing (you can hit the morning bite or the evening bite). If your current job isn't working out schedule wise to give you some fishing time - drop it and find another. Don't get stuck for too long in the fast food track. Think outside the bun (er box that is).

Also, plan some 3-4day weekend road trips with your buds for camping, hiking, etc to places you don't normally get to fish. That way you are sure (more likely) to get the days off from work.

2. HogWrangler

HogWrangler Member

HEY, me and my buddy are both straight as an arrow, I wrangle hogs, not dudes!!!!!

3. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

And for your original question... Sorry, never caught a hog out of Pass, but I have taken a few 17-19" browns and bows on muddlers, Mickey Finns (cast into the shallows at night) and orange and black bunny strip sculpins (some of you will be seeing this ugly little thing in a week or so). I fish these on a Type III sinking line with either my 4 or 6 depending on what I feel like fishing with and if I actually want to be able to cast some of those big flies...

Willie

4. William Femmer

William Femmer Retired New Fisherman

Hog, i'm gonnna hafta go with the other guys here. DITCH THE GIRL. there is no such thing as demanding in a good way, only in bad ways that retract from fishing.

5. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    Is it any wonder why more women dont reply to these inquiries?

6. Freestone

Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

iagree

Instead of dumping her, how about introducing her to flyfishing? If she likes it, you'll not only still have a girlfriend but a regular fishing buddy! Just don't get upset when she starts out-fishing you!

And to all you guys who told him to dump her, get real!! If you had a girlfriend who was demanding, but in a 'beneficial way', like you'd dump her??!!! If so, maybe Old Man will let you borrow some of his blue pills...that is, if she didn't dump you first. :rofl:

7. earlsmith

earlsmith Member

If you find a girl who will fish with you, I think wedding bells are called for LOL
    =)