Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

PASS LAKE

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick Todd 
#1 ·
Anybody with a boat want to fish pass lake tomorrow? I tried with a float tube this morning and hypothermia set in after 2 1/2 hours!!! PM me and we can set up some details. I just might wait until the afternoon if no one wants to help me save my lower half. Thanks.

#4 ·
I was also there this morning and earlier this week (yeah, wind was crap today, even in a tube). They're feeding shallow in high numbers, open water (aggressive now too)...just need to find where they're concentrated. They'll hit all day but action is 10-fold late morning. Trolling will get you a few but locating fish, setting up a zone and fancasting can have you losing count. Browns mixed in if you're in the right area. Shoreline still coughing up but not nearly as much as open water...you can elephant hunt there if you don't mind fewer fish (Hint: Other than your fly, keep everything 40+ feet from shore or forget it).

Guys fishing buzzers are starting to hit more as well.

#6 ·
Our fly fishing club (4th Corner Fly Fishers) was there Saturday. Most people caught fish. Best fish count was on a Green Seal Bugger with a "Pumpkin" bead head. I hooked 3 and landed one 17" on a chironomid (Randy Diefert's Liquid Lace design). My son-in-law had a couple really nice ones on an olive bead head wooley bugger on a sinking line. Beautiful day (just like spring should be!) Rick

#9 ·
:D We did have an unusually large turnout! Maybe 20 or so, and our food guy almost ran out of pulled pork for our sandwiches! The Fidalgo Fly Fishers were also there, adding to the crowd. Other than a little crowd at the launch ramp, it is a big lake with lots of room for everyone! Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.