Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass Lake

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Caveman 
#1 ·
Anyone fishing Pass lake on Fri. I plan on fishing it if the weather is good, (wind).
This will be my first time on this lake. Do I need to stat fishing early or is a 9am arrival ok. Will have type 4, intermediate and a chrono rig. My truck is down for awhile or I be heading for the dry side.

#2 ·
You'll be fine. Was out there today from 12-4. Caught all 7 of my fish between 1-3pm, some on size 16 zebra Chiro, some on a doc sprately stripped at various speeds on sinking line.

They seemed to want to chase something because even the chironomids were only taken while I retrieved fairly briskly.

Count on this info being practically useless by tomorrow.

#5 ·
Jeff,
Got on the water about 10:15 am. I trolled buggers and leaches with type 4 line. No hits in the bay by the launch. Headed north and caught two fish on buggers. One guy was doing ok with sinking line. Lots of people fishing chrono's but I was too far from them to see if they were catching fish. I kicked down to where there is a house above the lake and you can get to shore. I was told you can walk a path back to the parking lot from there. Two guys I met eariler caught a few fish on dries tight along the bank. The wind picked up and it was a long hard kick back. Lost two fish on a small white leach. I saw one couple catch at least 8 fish on chrono's. Gave it a try for abot 1/2 hr but the wind picked up again. Made it back to my car by 5 pm.
Can you catch fish in the bay by the launch with chrono's? No one was fishing it when I got back. Nice lake. Need to fish it again when I get my truck back so I can fish it with my oared pontoon boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.