Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

pass lake

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Daryle Holmstrom 
#1 ·
I went to pass lake on tuesday it was raining really hard just like it was forcasted to but it was not that windy. The water temp was 48 degrees and the water was crystal clear. I located a lot of fish in the boat launch area my fish finder was going off so i fished in the 14 feet water range. i got fish right away on a metlic blood worm 7 rainbows in a row between 11 to 1230 and then nothing when pass shuts down its like a women you get nothing. My hands where cold and my boat was filling up with water so i left at 3.00 it never diid stop raining was it worth it the trip you bet ill be back

#8 ·
i rowed around the lake once looking for fish and i actually saw fish on the other side of the point in the shallows you would probally do well in this area you must of been cold i have a heater in my boat but you have tobe careful not to get your line got in the heater nice job fishing in the rain

#7 ·
HI IRA i usally fish pass on monday and tuesdays maybe we can hook up sometime i remember you from last year i will start fishing more afterski season ends. i broke my ankle skiing last year but iam making one hell of a come back. fish on

#13 ·
Ira are you "netting" out Pass again? Those crawdads were pure zipper-lip! :clown:

Might do ok with traps tomorrow after all the wind earlier. I'm no crawdad expert but I imagine all the stir-up and activity among fish would be good indicators.

For what it's worth, feeding was serious today as there were no short strikes to be had and 100% of mine were easily landed (takes weren't hard but they were certainly hitting it as food). Slow easy hooksets were holding everything, and the chop brought them shallow along shoals and against the banks (love the wind for that, and can't say I mind many fish vs. few anglers...the 2 others I saw were smart to take advantage). Usually a forecast in the 10-15 mph range is ideal if accurate. *I've found it's that window where reasonable safefy and all that shallow activity tend to overlap. Cold hands and wind knots, fine with me.

*Don't chase windy conditions if unfamiliar -- my disclaimer

#14 ·
Pretty typical day @ Pass today:

Got there late;maybe 4 others on the lake. Cloudy, irregular breeze (no steady wind), cold (39 degree air temp). No one seemedto be into fish; lake was shut down.

Then @ 12:30, the sun came out. Action all over the launch bay for about 20 minutes. Then it snowed...

Brian, it was great fishing with you. See you in about a week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.