patrick's fly shop has had it's last chance

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by lylelovett666, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

...maybe Jimmy saw your avatar?!?!?!

It's kinda hard to respect Clown meat! :D

2. Trent

Trent Ugly member

I read this and to me it sounded like you were being the rude one man. The guy told you what you wanted to know, he pointed you to wear said object was. Him telling you "to buy those", was not rude, he was just stating the a fact. You left, the guy probably remembered that he did indeed have a pair, ran got got them and even ran out after you (that's good costumer service in my book) and you just snubbed him over a percieved wrong. Have you ever forgotten something? Has anyone ever walked up to you and asked a question and you just told them "strait" what they wanted to know? Sorry man, but in my opinion you were the rude one in that story:beathead:

Ben W:
    I'm younger than 30 years old, I just don't have over sensitive feelings.

3. Gapnesh

Gapnesh New Member

Lyle,
    Get over your hard-on.
    It's a great shop.
    Product, instruction, support.
    I've never caught more fish.

4. Buck

Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Lyle, your right on point. His lame attitude is not where people spend their money, just check this thread. I have never been back since and won't.
    ~As I am, you mentioned you have never been in the shop so you are guessing. Period. Next time, take you hard earned money (if you have a job) and go in to the shop and see what you think, then comment.

~Gapnesh, nice of you make a profile just to chime in, Mr. 1 post. I'm sure your advice will be heeded?

5. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Mt 2 cents...

Maybe this guy is just cankerous. Seriously, I've met many people in my life that are just plain grouchy and rough around the edges, but don't mean any harm and aren't consciously being rude--it’s a personality thing. Once you get to know them they are very soft hearted and are loyal friends. Or..... he's just a miserable SOB.

Unfortunately, this is not the economy (especially in the fly shop business) for a customer to go through the paces to figure this out. Come on now!

Bottom line..... That’s just poor business, whether it be viewed as eccentrically cool or rustically edgy.:eek:

6. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Hopefully Roys book will keep selling

7. Kim Hampton

Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

For me it's it's the information and good advice I receive. Puget Sound Fly Company is my main shop as it is fairly close for me. When Morning Hatch was open I used them a lot but I felt they were kind of snooty. I go into Patrick's every once in a while when I'm in the area but you can't classify me as a regular. I would classify Jimmy more of a character than rude. Even not being a regular every question I ask it seems like I get a good answer. I took a few casting lessons from him to help me for my first bonefish trip. Very good and patient. It helped.....I should go back from more lessons because I've lapsed to my old self. A year before I took the casting lessons from him I walked in there out of the blue and asked if he could point me to a bonefish location that would also be good for a non fishing wife. It ended up being "the best" travel/fishing vacation we have had ever. I got a pat on the ass and an A+ from the wife on that one. Of course the people running the lodge said something about him running around the Island in a Pink Bunny suit....I guess it was Easter. Come on man someone that does that in the heat of Belize can't be all that bad. Did I say "charcter".

8. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

Touche Ben.
    I'm definitely not overly sensitive but I do know when someone is being rude. As for me being the rude one last year I guess you would have had to heard jim's snotty and dismissive tone.Again it was the "how dare you come into my store and bother me by trying to buy something" routine that he seems to love pulling.

9. Josh

Josh dead in the water

*deleted*

Too much friday night scotch makes jokes seem funnier in my head than they really are.

10. lylelovett666

I forgot to mention,
    are you really going to take time to ask questions or glean any info from someone who acts hostile from the moment you walk through the door?

11. Ben Waldschmidt

Ben Waldschmidt Member

I did not mention anything about feelings. I have never, and probably will never go to this shop. That's why I was upfront about my post being an observation.

I'm glad to hear that you don't have overly sensitive feelings, neither do I :beer2:

Come down to Al's sometime and we can talk about feelings over some Rainiers.

12. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

lylelovett666,

Are you really going to continue this rant without putting your name on your posts? Perhaps I was brought up differently, but when at issue with someone I'd usually confront them about it. If I was to take the low road and call a shops approach to task in the way you have, I'd at least put my name to it. Care to?

Sincerely,

Chris Scoones

13. Trent

Trent Ugly member

Buck:
    Of course I got a job. How do you think I pay for this here internet thingy;) I'm just giving a different perspective man, that's all. In the same post (I think) that you said I said "I've never been there" was also a part were I stated, "different strokes for different folks" and something along the lines of "if you don't like the store don't shop there. I already stated why I won't, It's in Seattle and I'm up north, way outa way. Just what is the point of bitching about it here? I obvisioully look for different things in a shop than you, or some others. In and out, just like a fast food joint. I actually get really annoyed with over friendly clerks and owners.That's all man, not saying anyone is wrong and I still think you are probably a cool cat with a sense of humor (I mean who else fishes naked).

Lyle:
    Maybe he was rude, maybe he wasn't. Again, I see things through different eyes. Though I will admit I am little bit biased, I naturally think folks from Seattle are over sensitive and whinney (not nearly as bad as folks from New York City though):D

Ben:
    You going to sing sweet love songs to me and get my heart a flutting and shit:D Or maybe slip something in my drink:eek: Sounds like a cool offer, but I hate Seattle, I don't go anywhere near that place unless I'm forced too. Also, I hate bars, too many drunk people (I don't drink). This is a fishing site, now a fishing trip is much more to my taste.:D

You all have a good one, I'm off to the Eastern side of the state.

14. lylelovett666

I don't see how it makes any difference what my real name is.I've aired a gripe and others have responded.Judging by the many posts that have agreed with me I'm not alone in my view.Others have vehemently disagreed and like Patrick's very much.

15. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Speaks to your character.

The original post aired your gripe. This continued rant is something else. Wan't to continue it, put your name on it. Or I will.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.