Perfect Coastal Cutthroat

Beautiful fish Steve! I think catching a sea-run like that is a pretty rare event these days.

I lucked into a football shaped sea-run a few years back and it's still right up there as one of my best fishing memories.

Thanks again guys, what an amazing fish... I can't stop thinking about how wide it looked when it slide into the net.
Steve Rohrbach and I chased coho today, we found some fish, but none wanted to play. Steve had a brute on for a couple minutes until it shook off. I did find this awesome Hood Canal Cutthroat though, it went just short of 18", wicked yellow tones which didn't show up that well in the photo. It crushed the same slider as the other monster did. Coho hate me, but these amazing fish are more than making up for it!

Hood Canal Cutt.JPG

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
Thanks again guys, what an amazing fish... I can't stop thinking about how wide it looked when it slide into the net.
Steve Rohrbach and I chased coho today, we found some fish, but none wanted to play. Steve had a brute on for a couple minutes until it shook off. I did find this awesome Hood Canal Cutthroat though, it went just short of 18", wicked yellow tones which didn't show up that well in the photo. It crushed the same slider as the other monster did. Coho hate me, but these amazing fish are more than making up for it!

View attachment 18662
Steve, keep catching fish like these and it will be more than Coho that hate you! Have a great vacation and save some energy as we are going to chase hard when you get back from overseas.