Picnic Point Report/Warning

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Matthew Gulbranson, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

That's what I was thinking Evan. I'm thinking they have someone down at the beach with a phone or something. Maybe even another up the road a bit. Could be done fast with a few people busting windows. Seems like a lot for just one person.

I like the idea of a camera or a rigged car. Something nice a shiny with something irresistible sitting on the front seat with a cop around the corner. But that will never happen.

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    well hopefully the police are aware of the issue. it might put a kink in my next few weeks' plans if this becomes an ongoing problem

3. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

I'll still be there. I'm not going to let a couple crack head ruin my party. At least that's my story right now.

4. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

i agree with matthew! i dont mind much if they break the windows on my bike! i know somebody that can replace them for cheep. ;)

arthur

5. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Damn!

I've been there for the past couple of weeks and haven't noticed anything unusual.

I'll definitely be more aware of who's walking around like they don't belong there.

If you ever notice anything strange about a person it's always a good idea to ask them

"how's the fishing" and if they act unusual you know they're up to something....

6. steveb

steveb Captain Nemo

My car was broken into last Sept at noon on a Sunday. I was out of the car 10mins max and returned to find a window smashed. The Snoho County sheriff knows this a problem but has too few patrol folks. What ya gonna do?

7. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Come to think of it, I wonder if it's a local nearby.
    I noticed a gentleman Sunday evening walking around acting kind of strange near the entrance. He then turned around and walked back up the hill. I really didn't think anything of it until now.

8. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Home Page:
    Humpy Hollow is in between the Edmonds and Mukiteo Ferry and about 200 yards out. It is the best place to go and a total anti secret. If you bucktail at the right time you can nab the occasional silver as well :beer2:

9. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

a .45 will, but I'm quite partial to my Bushy M-Forgery myself. If they ever have a special drawing for dirt-bag tags, I'm putting-in!

10. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

thought (tho I live too far east) . . . Platoon . . . some fish, one watches, change hourly.

11. Paul Norton

Paul Norton Member

So, if you're not going to leave any valuables in your rig & you leave it unlocked, maybe a window down to make it really obvious...
    Do you stick your registration and other personal info in your pocket, rather than leaving it in an unlocked vehicle, or am I just being paranoid?

12. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

very scientific. maybe we should create a safety word instead. i spend most of my time looking lost and if you confront me after ive blown the fish whistle i will probably raise a few red flags. :confused:

13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Sean, at least while you're fishing or around water you at least look legit. Even when I'm fully geared up and casting away I still look like a suspicious skeezeball.

14. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

As I was pulling in there last night, a patrol car was pulling out. Seems like at least for the time being, they are aware of the problem. We'll see how long that lasts though.

Fishing was very bullheadish. Saw more surface action then I've seen in a while there but no grabs.

15. CovingtonFly

CovingtonFly B.O.H.I.C.A. bend over here it comes again

Saw a dude walking out of Wal-Mart strapped with a pistol. Had a bag full of groceries, 3 year old kid and a hand gun.

Just don't pull a Plaxico Buress and shoot yourself in your own leg.