Pink Recon

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by hawaiianflyfisher, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Chad Lewis

Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

HEY! WHOA! You all sound like a bunch of buzz bomb chuckers on the beach! Cool it.

2. koolminx

koolminx Member

Hahahaha, typical and semi Napoleonic...

Dude, I said that "I think it's retarded to fish for something you don't want to eat" (kind of like hunting, a hook can be as lethal as a bullet, not often, but can be, think on that cupcake)

I didn't call you out, but I can, although I won't, cause I'm not going to, cause Chad said to knock it off, so I will...

So There! :thumb: Peace out.

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    What did you expect? You came on and called the actions of 99.9% of the members on this board "retarded.". That is asking for flak, and I gladly dished said flak out.

4. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

iagree

5. koolminx

koolminx Member

Not if you read it literally Evan, reading it like I wrote it would literally translate to "the actions of one fishing for pleasure only are retarded", not calling the retard that does it a retard, just saying it's retarded. Like parachuting without a parachute, no point if you dont' bring a parachute right?

I like letting fish go when they're too small or not the species I was hunting for, but I am not going to go out and enjoy the pleasure of fishing simply to do it, it costs a lot of $ to do it and I'm going to reap some of those rewards, that's why I don't fish for Cutthroat or Steelhead or several other species...

I'm not trying to be different, only real, and I wasn't calling you non keepers out on behalf of releasing. I was simply putting in my two cents worth on a good thread about pinkies :)

6. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    A more tactful approach would have been to say "catch and release doesn't suit me."

And yes, even your literal translation reaks of asshattery.

7. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

If I had to pick an ass for a hat could I have this one?

[​IMG]

8. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

A few pinks brought to the beach at a location north of coho flats and south of the stinky inlet. Tons of boats out in a full on flotilla and I saw two fish landed by one boat and one by another boat. My friend and I caught a few small fish. He focused on the coho parr and I on the bullheads. He managed a 12" resident coho and I another that was a whopping 9". Great day out (Saturday) but nothing impressive to write home about.

9. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

You guys need to cool it. If you catch and release, that's very cool. I usully keep to three and then catch and release and maybe keep a fourth but salmon are basically the only fish I keep. I like the taste, the texture, and the availability. If I choose to keep a pink salmon, I hope nobody holds it against me. I caught my first this morning - about 5 lbs. It will be on the BBQ this evening. I hope it will be the first of many this summer but one will do for right now. I also like smoked fish so they are readily available for that too. So let's get on with the fishing and not call names. It's unbecoming and besides that, the name "retard" or the conotation of said word is shameful.

Nice to meet you this morning, Dustin. I hope to see you again. I'll be there.

10. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    All comments aside... I fully intend on filling at least one full catch card.

11. Ed Call

I'm borrowing someone's hat. Congrats Steve. I like your success and style. Name calling and taking hostile stands against others with differing recreational angling perferences is very unbecoming. Personally, I like nymphing for mine under an indicator and letting it bounce in the chop. Thinkd of it like chironomid fishing from the shore, only on salt water.

12. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

What's yer favourite bullhead recipe?

Steve, that would just make your shirt all slimy, and I woudn't do ya like that.

Everyone needs a favourite hat.
    No joke that's how I'm going to let the kidlet fish in the salt....dink float, weight, then either a fly (or two!) or one of the small 1/8oz. jigs she tied up. Should work a treat.

13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    My goals for this season:
    1. Land at least 200 pinks, and photograph every one for a post-season collage.
    2. Get at least one on a dry
    3. Catch two pinks in one cast. I have an advanced tactic Maneuver Im sure will get this done

14. Ed Call

Bullhead soup. I make it for my friends when they come over for dinner. My house is normally very quiet. Few return squatters!

15. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

That's just wrong Constructeur ! Why did you have to bring my wife into this????

Really, does it matter how ones desire to( catch and keep ) or ( C & R ) is?? Why on earth do people want to chastise each other? You guys bitching need to wet your lines more!