Pinkfest 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Steve Saville, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

Steve,

Not sure on the count, but I'm off and would love to hop in. Heck, I might tag along sans rod if there are too many fishing just to enjoy the cameradere.

Rob

2. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Rob and Jimmy, you're in. That makes us just about full. I probably won't fish unless it's very early in the morning. I am only concerned with the logistics of 25 of us hitting the beach. We'll have to walk down or go in at the State Park. There probably won't be any room to park at the Dock parking lot and we most likely won't want to mix into that mess anyway.

3. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    If I can get some fuel money from some people, I may be able to take a few out in a boat. I'll report back on that after I get word if I can use it or not.

4. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Gah I missed this while bass fishing in Texas for the last week, I am in if there is room and Evan is still brewing up that IPA.

KC

5. Mr.E

Mr.E He called me an Elitist ?? LOL ..what a moron

I'm Back !

Hi Gents. I'd love to get in on this if there's still room. I'd most likely be making a beach landing on my Kayak. So keep an eye out for a red Kayaker dodging a bunch of lead getting there.

6. PT

PT Physhicist

I could take a couple folks out in the boat. I'll check back in closer to that date and see if anyone wants a seat.

7. gt

gt Active Member

if i can find the schooling pinks in the strait, might be space for a couple of crazy fly anglers who want to catch these fish out while they are still fiesty. have to wait and see how this shapes up. probably last week of july into beginning of august or thereabouts if it holds to previous years schedules.

8. Jim Mcallister

Jim Mcallister AKA stillwater guy

I am sure you have all you need by now but my wife makes the best potato salad and I have a few good patterns that Iwould love to share.I would be pleased if you could find room for us.

9. Benjy

Benjy Active Member

I want a spot. Will bring beer and flies!

10. We were into them thick mid July in Neah Bay in 09'. Couldn't even get the down riggers down for the Coho or Kings b4 the rods were bouncing. I'll have a report after the holiday, hopefully we find some pink.

11. Roger Stephens

Roger Stephens Active Member

Steve:

I probably will be bringing my boat but there would only be room for one other fly fisher preferably a right hand caster since I cast left handed. I will be launching at the Pt. Defiance ramp and could meet someone there or at your beach.

Roger

12. Steve Saville

Folks, we're over the number I wished for. I hate to turn anyone away. We have room if you aren't fishing or if you have a boat. It's quite a hike up to the top, by the way. The neighbor has 157 steps on a stairway. Parking is at a premium so you'll have to hike about a city block in. You can drive in and drop off but the parking is reserved for folks who need to be close in like Les Johnson who needs his van close. I can't clog the cul`de sac because there are three others on the drive. The grounds will handle the people but I have only five tables and twenty chairs and the bathroom facilities become a problem beyond the twenty-five. At this point, I have to shut off the invitation for the sake of the beach. I hope you guys understand. We're busting at the seams.

13. kelvin

kelvin Active Member

Steve, love to come as well

14. Steve Saville

We're over but you can always come.

15. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    Steve I don't have to fish and certainly can't clmb the stairs. so i can stay up top. a few of us could bring chairs that would help.