Pinkfest 2011

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Steve Saville, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Josh Smestad

Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

If anyone backs out and a spot opens up, let me know. I have the day off and can probably carpool with Nick or Ed.

2. [WR]

[WR] Member

Mr. John??? your lil guy at the bottom??? i been sittin here mentally screaming " cast the damnthing already!!!'

3. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Pinkfest Sunday. Plan on arriving after 12:00. I want to fish in the morning too. Don't forget the eats. We originally had about 25 but with wives and children we are about 10 more. If you want to trade some flies around, bring them. I have plates, cups, napkins and plastic flatware but no serving spoons so bring them. I purchased 48 burgers and buns, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and condiments. I'll have some aluminum foil if you want to burn a fish you caught for some fresh pink salmon. The weather should be good and the tides outstandiing. The fish are in as of about two days ago so that should be pretty good as well. Please remember to park up the hill except for Les Johnson and Bob Jones. See you there,

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I'll be coming from the East this time but I'll be coming.

5. Steve Saville

Looking forward to seeing you again. Sunday is the anniversary of the day I fell and had to bail out early on our trip. Hopefully I can make it through the weekend.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I remember. I also remember how long it took you to recover. When I arrive noonish on Sunday I don't want to have to come looking for you or picking you up after a fall. Do be careful.

I'm all packed up. Ready to roll. I'm going to try to get three days of fishing in this weekend...but I do have to work tomorrow first.

7. Steve Saville

The fishing has been really good, right at the tide change and close in to the beach. If you time it right, you should get fish. See you Sunday.

8. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Home Page:
    Thanks to Steve for hosting us today. What a spectacular property and expansive views. I saw 5 fish porpoise and wasn't successful with pink salmon but the bullheads did like my offerings.

9. Bob Jones

Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Last seen in Portland Or. via Tacoma,Puyallup, Wa.
    It was a great day and met or renewed aquaintences with many WFF friends and families. they brought lots of great food besides the burgers from Steve and he barbequed A fresh Pink salmon caught yesterday so we got a taste even if none of us caught one. my sucess was I walked down and back up without having to stop. and thats good for me. It was perfsct weather and temp so we had it easy and the stars of the show were Carol and Les Johnson and all the other members that shared their knowledge and other fun and humorus remarks. Happy fishing Everyone. Thanks for the good times BOB

10. TheHunt

TheHunt Member

Is there going to be some pictures? Sounds like a good time.

11. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Home Page:
    I had a good time and it was great to put some names with faces.

obligatory title slide
    [​IMG]

Our Host shows Kelvin some pinkage

[​IMG]

Celebrity Table
    [​IMG]

riff raff
    [​IMG]

Title slide outtake
    [​IMG]

And this? This is just so wrong on so many levels....I blame Leland.
    [​IMG]

12. P.Dieter

P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Home Page:
    Paul, is this offering we found on your line a "hand tied fly". Has this got a name, cause I vote for "blue balled hoochie" if not already designated.
    LOL

[​IMG]

13. Steve Saville

Thanks to everyone who attended and for those of you who were unable, maybe I'll do something again next year. The weather was great, the food was excellent (thanks everyone for sharing) and we had some greatconversations. I am really sorry there were so few fish for you but in the coming weeks, there should be plenty to go around.

Great pictures, Paul, and by the way, there were some items left behind so if you're missing something, PM me so we csn get them back to you.

Thanks especially to those who stayed behind and helped me put everything away. You guys saved me hours of work. See you all on the water!

14. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Home Page:
    What can I say? I'm now a gear convert and or too lazy to tie pink flies. I've already smoked up 37 lbs of pink salmon that fell for the blue balls special.

15. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Flybill toasting a fun day with the WFFers for the both of us. Thanks Steve!
    View attachment 43521
    Leland.