Pinkfest with a switch?

SF--can you comment on how well the cones in those baskets work versus say, zip ties in a homemade basket?

Or can anyone else who has used both?

I know that Jim or Roger or one of those other salty guys made a basket with corn cob holders as the cones, and that seemed like a good idea. Thought after the work, time, and money involved in putting that together, seems like the linekurv is just as economical.

J

You can buy the corn cob holders (they're big enough) at the Dollar store...for a buck. Step-stool basket for $5. Bungie cord for $3. Unicorn and Barbie stickers, priceless.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater
Jason,
I made my own basket out of a rubbermaid dish pan and used it for years.
Then I bought a now discontinued LL Bean basket. After using it, I'd never go back to the homemade basket. The cones work great.
The Linekurv is a knockoff of the Bean basket. If I didn't own the Bean basket I'd own the Linekurv. If the Linekurv wasn't available, then I'd buy the Orvis basket.
Slap a Hello Kitty sticker on it and start fishing.
I saw a number of people trying to fish without baskets yesterday. It just looked futile as far as line management goes.
Hope this helps.
SF

Gary, I like that. never thought of it. I use strips of weed eater line or the round ties. I just made a basket real quick this time with the weed eater line but want to find a curve rubber maid and put those cones in it. mine is real ratty but it's ok for a bit till I find what I really want. mine is a rubber maid and I like them better. tight lines, now for the pinks to arrive.
Outlaw