Pinks???

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by gigharborflyfisher, Jul 2, 2007.

1. James Mello

James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Ugh! I can't wait for pinks. The summer run for steelhead has been abysmal, so having big easy to catch fish will be a welcome change!

2. bigfun4me

bigfun4me Team Infidel

That was me fishing off the point Sunday morning. I released one 16" cutt and two non target species on various colored clousers. I am out there once or twice a week and have not seen any pinks yet.

That whole area is posted with no trespassing signs up and down the beach and is probably why you don't see anyone fishing out there. The owner of the home you saw me in front of (a family friend) has graciously given me permission to be out there.

3. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Bigfun4me I guess next time I will say hello when we are fishing 3-Tree. 3-Tree was not the beach I was talking about never seeing any one fishing but the beach in fact was close to where I saw the kayak guy fly fishing quite a ways South and not a location I will give out easy by posting on the board though if you know me you may see me fishing in front of it either from the boat or from the kayak. Sorry for the confusion in my writing.

4. Denny

Denny Active Member

5. Ian Broadie

Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Home Page:
    In about 3 more weeks it will be pretty much pick a beach, any beach from Tacoma to Bellingham with 3+ million fish rolling in to the Sound.

I can't wait, I so actually want to catch a fish, I love going fishing but steelheading this year is all about the joy of "going fishing". I guess I feel a little like an addict whose dealer is holding out on them :p .

Bring on the fish in a barrel, for a little while at least.

6. Clint F

Clint F Fly Fishing Youth

Home Page:
    In 2 weeks I will start fishing the beaches for pinks hard with pink clousers and big pink polar shrimp.

Clint

7. Cactus

Cactus Dana Miller

Where (approx.) did you catch it?

8. FishOn!

FishOn! New Member

I am coming up to WA the end of August. If I am trying to target the Puyallup pinks I assume the beaches all along Pt. Defiance would be a good bet?? Also, I am thinking of letting my sister just drop me off at the sound for the day. Can you catch them throughout the day usually or do you have to hit the right tides??

9. floatinghat

floatinghat Member

I am new to the area, I've fished for residents silvers and have caught a few. What type of beach/ bank structure, tides etc. do you look for when fishing for pinks? I have some time to take off and sounds like I should target late July?

10. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Neah Bay :)

I haven't seen any in Puget Sound yet (been fishing nearly every morning). I hit up N. Hood Canal on July 4 and didn't see any then either, was hoping for some early hoodsport fish. I suspect Puget Sound fish wont be in until the end of the Month. But what do I know?

11. Ryan Nathe

Ryan Nathe Member

Have you looked at your gallery lately? I would say you know quite a bit!

12. bigfun4me

bigfun4me Team Infidel

Richard there were two different sculpins released that I was unable to make an exact ID on. I thought it better to go with non target species rather than opening myself up for target practice and starting some senseless debate with all the wannabe game wardens on the board. :)

I think we have seen enough of that stuff and was just trying to stay on track with the original thread.

Good luck and let us know if you run into any pinks.

13. fisherman

fisherman New Member

FYI been fishin sekiu pretty hard the last couple of weeks,not many fish around..yet.however there are a few nice silvers around,not many pinks.

14. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

Does anyone keep any Pinks that they catch in the salt? I heard they get nasty in fresh and I will only be targeting them in the PS, but wanted to know if they make a good BBQ thing or are best to let go.

Bob

15. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Three words, smoke, smoke, and then more smoke. Not bad on the Q if really bright and bled early.

Daryle