NFR PNW growler tour 2014

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by troutpocket, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Porter

Porter Active Member

Why many enjoy wine for their fruity flavors, oak barreled flavors, sharp steely finishes, certain grapes, etc..... Beer is the same....a fresh served ipa explodes with a citrusy nose and up front grapefruity or other flavor sometimes, a nice smooth bitterness. The ability to appreciate a well crafted beer does not come from a Budweiser drinker. Many ales are best served with certain foods to accentuate the flavors of both the drink and the food.

Some of my favorites

Obsidian Stout or a good porter with a good rich pizza...thinking Oregon Coast here!
    Hopped up strong IBU's ipa is good with spicy food...such as spicy sausage with cuban beans over rice :)
    Light refreshing pale ale with a grilled burger
    A deep colored yet hopped red amber with a korean kalbi flank steak and grilled veggies
    Love Tsing Tao w/ asian type rice dishes/salads

As for Budweiser it goes with processed wiener dogs covered in processed cheese and fat saturated potato chips!...Thinking South Caro....or some other state similar.

There is a big difference between Bud...and your local Brewery

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

thanks for the heads up.I've always served up johnsonville brats,deviled eggs & Sarah lee pecan pie with my budweiser's. Never tried the processed wieners with cheese ,any brand preferences ?

Jeff Dodd and Porter like this.
  3. SquatchinSince86

SquatchinSince86 Totally Unprofessional

That's a good idea. Ill let my buddies know at our local bottle shop/ tap room. I wish more people did that.

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I looked up what a growler is. It's about the same thing as a large bottle of beer. Why do people have to change the name of things already out there. No wonder I'm confused all the time.

5. Josh

Josh dead in the water

As noted, if you are just exchanging one of their growlers, the price is just $10. Plus, you don't have to bother to wash out the growler you are bringing back (though a quick rise is kind) and the one you are picking up has some sort of backpressure thing done so that it doesn't go flat even if you've got to store it for a day or so (as long as you don't open it).

Plus, Kulshan is just a drunk stumble from my front door. Great place.

6. underachiever

underachiever members only

A growler is 64oz of beer. Large bottles are 22oz.

7. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Back in the day,lucky lager could be bought in 40 oz. bottles.that said I never could understand why you would want 40oz. Of lucky lager !

8. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I can remember buying these just to get plowed.

I looked up Growler and I saw what they were. Just a large bottle of Beer. But if you get one of those things filled at wherever, it will go flat if you don't drink it soon after. Nothing worse than flat beer. Now good Bourbon is a different story. You can open a bottle of it many times and it will never go flat. I'm just not a beer drinker.

bennysbuddy likes this.