Poor camping etiquette by fisherman

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by patrick barta, Aug 17, 2009.

1. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

If there is ONE reason NOT to wander too close to someone's campsite, this is it! Pan, you scare the F___ out of me... Patrick Barta----Please don't take this advice... Thank you. Jesus Chr__t! :beathead:

2. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    I'm sorry I arrived so late to this party...please, don't let this end before I get back with a bowl of popcorn!

3. _WW_

_WW_ Geriatric Skagit Swinger

No comment.

4. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

A thought to ponder when considering gunplay on a steelhead river...
    I once heard a story of a guy who pulled a gun on a guy over a similar stupid ass situation as the aforementioned...
    The victim asked the gun toting idiot as he pointed it at him,
    " Did you grease that thing down good with vaseline" ??
    "No asshole why " ? said the tuff guy
    Because unless you pull the trigger on me right now, it's gonna slide up your ass way easier if it's greased "....
    No shots were fired...

This was no shit , not an urban legend either man... Got fucked by a handgun and his ass got kicked good, as it was told to me, and was left there bawling:

So before any of you cyber tuff guys go pulling guns on people over the stupidest of reasons, ya just may wanna think twice...
    The right to bear arms is a wonderful thing, Knowing when to brandish one is another story.
    Was the guy a knuckle head for going through your camp, maybe so, but i think cooler heads and a friendly conversation about it makes more sense than a .45 enema ...
    I own many handguns, but only as a last resort would I pull one ... The law states only is it justified to use a firearm if you or someone around you is in danger of life threatening harm by a perpetrator... I don't see " lowholeing" or "Walking through "my" campsite " anywhere in the interpretation.:rofl:

Just food thought...

5. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Sorry...but that story is a take off on an old, old, old "Wyatt Earp playing the piano" joke.

6. Daniel Nelson

Daniel Nelson BAMF

i think it is wrong! geez! the mans got kids!!! what if his wife was changing her clothes! seriously!!! all the guy has to do was say HELLO but instead he fuckin walked right through like a lot of assholes do that dont give a shit about another soul on this earth!!
    Where the fuck has RESPECT went on this earth.
    you guys are all making bullshit excuses for the guy!! I know that it's better to have a open mind but what if the guy had a gun or a knife....what if he made a hard left or right walking through his camp and snatched one of the guys kids!!!! this is how shit like that happens!!!!
    i dont know about you folks but if i see another fisherman, house, campsite, cow, or whatever i make sure i walk around or away from so i do not disturb them. Its just plain old fashion MANNERS or ETIQUETTE.
    what if it was dark and the guy came barging through? would it be ok then? no, just like its not ok in the daylight!

7. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Yep, my .45 goes everywhere with me, for the exact reason there are clueless people like this walking around in the world. Liberal or not, some of you are horribly out of touch with the realities of the world--maybe that comes from living in the safe confines of a suburban cul-de-sac. Yes, I have a family; I have a gun, and will use it. Call me a conservative, right- winger, or whatever, oh well. If this freaks you out (dry fly Larry) or ruffles your feathers (others) so-beit, its good for you. :D

What baffles me is that some of you have a family and would treat this kind of behavior/incident as "treat them with kindness bro." Give me a fucking break. ptyd

8. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

I think it realy happened man...:rofl:

9. smc

smc Active Member

You actually think that this level of conflict is cause for gunplay? You're either insane or having some fun trolling. I figure trolling, 'cause you usually come across as a pretty level headed guy. I've got nothing against using deadly force when absolutely necessary. The situation described by the OP is far from that, no clear threat to persons or property, and could easilly be handled with a sincere man-to-man. Sheesh.

10. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

Don't mistake kindness for weakness. Words to live by.

The behavior was rude. We all agree from what I see.

Etiquette expects that you not be rude when treated rudely. It does not expect that you take it up the butt because somebody is trying to force it.

If I was there I would have been unhappy too, but I would have let it go.

"Yes officer, I shot him for walking through my campsite without introduction or explanation." doesn't sound rational.

11. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

You guys have taken it this far, so whay not take it to the next level? Tongue and cheak, with a little subtle truth. after all, we are on page 5 of a thread based on a guy walking through a campsite (right vs. wrong) on a flyfishing forum.:)

12. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Patrick.

I thought more about what I said in this thread yesterday, and I was out of line, and for that I apologize to you.
    See you on the river.

Sincerely.
    Bill Dodd.

13. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

Yes. I should be studying. This is more fun.

So Patrick, how was the fishing. My highlight for the weekend was catching 3 rainbows on the Spokane in the same spot. I did change spots to get to the spot that gave up the fish. All on a 16 EHC.

14. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

Hey now, I have a whole drawerful of Patagonia ladies' drawers--we ladies need good technical undies too!:ray1:

15. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

?????????????????????????:confused: Did we just switch from shooting a walk through to ladies undies?