Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Poor eastside steelhead rivers.

12K views 105 replies 51 participants last post by  Ernie Adams 
#1 ·
Their niave, rustic, innocent little bodies of water never stood a chance :(

#99 ·
The internet is also creating lazier people,the youth of today would rather stay home on their ass looking at the internet,blogging,gaming,online dating ect kids now days are doing less outdoors every year. When I was a kid I was outside playing,fishing,hunting. I would jump at the chance when my father allowed me to skip school for the opening day of hunting season (deer,elk,turkey,bear), as a father that had his son in the field since he was in diapers, sat with him while he got his gun permit, bought him a new Browning 243 WSM and a 20 GA only to have him tell me on opening day of turkey season that he did not like hunting!!!bawling: We have lost sight of why the Methow and Wenatchee rivers are open, it's to rid the river of hatchery fish period the wild fish are released unlike the over crowding of rivers in the past and the bonking of wild fish. Still only 20% of anglers catch 80% of the fish like anything else because we know what we are doing and are willing to work 10x harder. The crowds on the Methow are really not that bad, I have fished the met the last two weekends and have had no problem finding solitude or fish. If you are having a hard time with crowds on the methow get away from the miller run lol and you should be fine.

Get off the internet and go fish!!:beathead:

G
#100 ·
The internet is also creating lazier people,the youth of today would rather stay home on their ass looking at the internet,blogging,gaming,online dating ect kids now days are doing less outdoors every year. When I was a kid I was outside playing,fishing,hunting. I would jump at the chance when my father allowed me to skip school for the opening day of hunting season (deer,elk,turkey,bear), as a father that had his son in the field since he was in diapers, sat with him while he got his gun permit, bought him a new Browning 243 WSM and a 20 GA only to have him tell me on opening day of turkey season that he did not like hunting!!!bawling: We have lost sight of why the Methow and Wenatchee rivers are open, it's to rid the river of hatchery fish period the wild fish are released unlike the over crowding of rivers in the past and the bonking of wild fish. Still only 20% of anglers catch 80% of the fish like anything else because we know what we are doing and are willing to work 10x harder. The crowds on the Methow are really not that bad, I have fished the met the last two weekends and have had no problem finding solitude or fish. If you are having a hard time with crowds on the methow get away from the miller run lol and you should be fine.

Get off the internet and go fish!!:beathead:
how about a hint from a guide , where besides miller hole can you catch a steely on the methow? and don't worry later in life your kid may want to hunt & fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.