Poor eastside steelhead rivers.

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Panhandle, Oct 6, 2009.

1. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast la flama blanca

"The lady at the 76 station where I bought this bait said I could use it here."

2. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    It's a 2 year old thread. Any mention of nymphing (Christian's excluded) was 2 years old.

Go Sox,
    cds

3. generic

generic Active Member

The best one (and I witnessed this personally) was The sudden lack to speak English. No lie, I was talking to a guy explaining he can't use bait (he was speaking perfect English). When the officer showed up, all of a sudden he couldn't "understand" what the patrolman was saying.

4. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Huh again? Mentioned in this thread and more often and more recent than 2 years ago. Just saying. Besides, and I know this is treasoness, I don't just nymph, sometimes I indicator fish swinging flies. I think I just heard a sudden intake of breath from the forum. I wonder if Haig would have indicator fished with nymphs if he would have know how well it worked? I wonder how "tradition" would look different. Oh to only have a time machine and alternate time lines to explore.

Ira..

5. cuponoodle breakfast

cuponoodle breakfast la flama blanca

The officer just needs to say he's shooting anyone in brown shoes. Pablo no hablo will look down to see what shoes he has on.

6. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    While this thread may be two years old, the situation is still the same. A growing population and decreased fishing opportunity will mean crowded rivers well into the future. While driving home from my third trip in three years to northern BC to fish steelhead, I came to the conclusion that I really have no desire anymore to fish rivers like the Sky, Cow, or even my beloved Skagit. The appeal just isn't there anymore, especially after spending a week in BC. However, I still have a great desire to fish the eastside rivers for summer steelhead.

7. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Just got home. Went out that way again despite my better judgement. We got skunked 2 of three full days (and the creel checker was shocked we had even caught fish. we were the first of 20 she talked to who had hit anything). Lots of people, very few fish.

8. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    I don't think anyone cares. Keep having an argument with yourself.

Go Sox,
    cds

9. Methow

Methow Active Member

Die thread die.

10. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

The river I fished had very wobbly rocks. Not too slick, just so many were unstable. Did nymph, swing and skate. Made lots of casts and got to hear my drag make some noise. If they keep putting hatchery fish into them we all have a duty to behave ourselves and bonk them before they deposit their DNA into the gravel.

11. buckkiller1

buckkiller1 Banned or Parked

cmon guys is there really a river that does not get fished hard if we want to blame any one for the crowds on our local rivers lets blame our local shops posting on there web pages and GUIDES taking new comers fishing, people pay for 1 or 2 trips and then they take all there friends and use every tactic they have learned from the guide its the nature of the beast we all learned from someone else some showed each of us how at some point. The rivers will always have pressure but its the guy who knows and i mean really knows the water that will bring more chrome to the net.

12. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

I think that you'd be wrong and you continuing to post replies tells me that I have a partner to this arguing thing, so wrong again.

Ira..

13. Methow

Methow Active Member

More people come to this river from what they have read or what a buddy said then any amount that come from guides taking people out That and the bs reports that some people and certain guides put up on web sites.

14. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I read a recent glowing report from a guide service who hadn't even been out yet (according to multiple sources on the water).

15. Robert Fyall

Robert Fyall Member