Private Property Boundaries

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Wyoforlife, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

:beathead:You couldn't be farther from the point. I own, in addition to the beach front, 135 feet of State Hiway 509 or should I say that the state owns the property that borders mine. The right of way is a distance from the center of the road and years ago when I had to do a lot combination, I found that most of my driveway that parallels the hiway is on the right of way. People walk, jog, and otherwise make use of that. I don't own it but I do maintain it by mowing it, trimming the hedge that is on it, and cleaning up the trash on a regular basis. That has nothing to do with crossing or otherwise making use of my tidelands. I do own them.

2. rotato

rotato Active Member

Mumbles,
    since i have to run power down to you what scotch do you prefer?
    laphroig or ardbeg?

3. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Man...you're doing it wrong!

4. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Steve, just out of curiousity have you ever caught a fly fisherman pissing in your bushes, climbing your wall, leaving rubish around, or anything else that you find irritating?

5. rotato

rotato Active Member

thats true fly borg,
    i generally do things wrong
    but you know
    dogs before ho's

6. TD

TD Active Member

"fly fisherman pissing in your bushes"

Hello, my name is Tim, I've been fly fishing since I was 4, and I pee in the bushes.

However, I don't pee in YOUR bushes. Just those that belong to the State and hopefully when no one is watching.

7. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

When ya gotta pee ya gotta pee...what's wrong with that. I live on 2-1/2 acres. I always am peeing outside! I love to pee outside. I have been known to pee along saltwater shorelines, along lake shorelines, along stream shorelines. I love to pee. It makes me feel good. Refreshed. I even peed this afternoon along a saltwater shoreline. When I pee my pants, it might indicate that I am too old to fish. :beer1:

8. DrCrush

DrCrush Never2Tired2Fish

Happy hour has started at Larry's house.

9. Steve Saville

Atually, yes, I have found people, flyfishers, in my bushes but only once and he was asked to remove himself from the bulkhead, in a tactful way, of course. I will say that there is a difference between a flyfisherman and a guy with a flyrod in his hands. I don't usually have difficulties with the flyfishers and that's why they are welcome. It's usually the gear guys who open their buzz bombs and leave the packaging on the beach or look for an inviting place to sit and have lunch, then leave the remains. Like I said, when the Pinks are in, the place is a madhouse.

10. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Home Page:
    I live in Seattle. Sometimes I go into my backyard at night to pee. My wife shakes her head, thinks I'm nuts. That may be true, but I think she's jealous.

Sorry, it would seem the thread is heading down a road to the cliff...

11. TD

TD Active Member

I'm RELIEVED to see that I didn't PEE anyone off with my comment.

12. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Steve- I think you might consider putting up a "FLY FISHING ONLY" sign...

13. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Only once eh? Before the next pink run you owe it to yourself to join the local gear boards and make a general post to their members stating your expectations.

14. Steve Saville

Thanks for the advise but it's not worth my time to go on a board for gear guys. Most of the guys I run into problems with unfortunately do not have a working knowledge of written English. They speak and understand well enough but have never bothered to learn to write it and placing a "flyfishing only" sign would be hampered by the same problem. What I probably will do is post the bulkhead with 'No Trespass" signs. As long as people don't leave their trash or climb the bulkhead, I don't have a problem with fishermen either way gear or otherwise. It's only for about a month every two years. If that becomes a problem then I'll get the Sheriff involved.

Actually, this thread is not about my property specifically because I've already stated many times that I have no objections to fishermen on my beach as long as the property is respected. The point is that it is always, always, always wise to seek permission before you enter or cross. That way there are no misunderstandings from the beginning. No one should assume that it is okay to go onto a beach merely because it has water on it. We respect private lakes and private stretches of rivers. Why not beaches?

15. rotato

rotato Active Member

Lets not bash gear dudes too much
    we all threw a spoon at some point
    douche bags are douche bags regardless of their rod choice

hey steve what are they doing on the bridge over the park?
    that is a weird looking machine/pump thing