pros and cons of nymphing with a fly rod?

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
This is truly pathetic. If you're being serious, you're just a jerk. These topics are why I can't stand a lot of guys that only fly fish. They're not nice people. I know part of this was said in jest, but seriously. If you think it's okay to call others this kind of garbage, than you need to take a look in the mirror. It doesn't make you a better fishermen, it makes you a bad person.
high praise from low places.

Jeremy Floyd

fly fishing my way through life
"Nowhere is the dreamer or the misfit so alone

(Subdivisions)
In the high school halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out
(Subdivisions)
In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out"
RUSH

Irafly

Indi "Ira" Jones
Did I tell you all about the time I landed a steelhead on a fly without the fly itself ever actually touching the water? I worked my way out on a log jam, reached my fly rod out over the water and dangled the fly above a fish I had spotted and the fish pushed his nose 2" out of the water to take the fly.

Now of course TallFlyGuy and Sop would not consider that fly fishing, because I did not use the weight of the fly line to present my offering.

Where does this rate on the scale?

Dang I wish I could have seen that indicator go down!

Peyton00

Yeah Chris, not only are you a jerk, but you're a big fat one no less.

Somebody remind me what this thread is about. Apparently it's the "try a little tenderness" thread.
Ira,

Because you were precariously balanced on a log, you get a pass on that fish. But don't let it go to your head now, OK?

Sg
I really enjoy your post. The vast knowledge( which you share frequently) and quality of responses are some of the best i see on fishing forums.

It's is a contraction of it is. My grammar was correct. If you are referring to the missed left shift key resulting in a lowercase i, that falls under punctuation, a result of fast and sloppy typing. Salmo put "(sp)" in parentheses indicating that he was unaware of the correct spelling of the word onomatopoeia. I was providing the correct spelling. Again, I guess I don't get the humor around here.