Puffy Jackets and Flat brimmed hats

Every generation seems to get together somehow and come up with some goofy way for them to express their "individuality" en masse. Yeah, there is a serious logical contradiction there -- life's like that.

Functionally, it does give them something to outgrow as they move toward adulthood. The individual's act of outgrowing the goofy collective rebellion thing functions as a marker that they are ready to fully participate in adult society.

This transitional process is also one of the ways that life introduces us to humility. Can any of us hold onto a claim of our infallibility when confronted with a picture of ourselves from our high school prom? No.

So, don't worry -- be happy. This too shall pass.

DD

GAT

Dumbfounded
Oh, now I get it. The Generation Gap. When the older folks can't relate to the younger generation. Shakespeare's King Lear is based on the Generation Gap so it is certainly nothing new.

I certainly didn't dress nor wear my hair the same as my parents so it is a generation thing that is ongoing.

JE

I have a puffy coat and was thinking about returning it. But it's so darn warm and comfy.

P.S. Wearing your hat backwards would make motor boating easier too. Can't we all just get along?

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I think that people that wear their baseball caps with the flat bill look like dorks. It must be a Dork thing. Also when they have on a cap that is to big and they have their ears stuck inside of it. Sizing is what they need to do. Wearing a cap that way is not cool. To me it is stupid.

This is my opinion. Opinions are like assholes...........................Everybody has one.

I think that people that wear their baseball caps with the flat bill look like dorks. It must be a Dork thing. Also when they have on a cap that is to big and they have their ears stuck inside of it. Sizing is what they need to do. Wearing a cap that way is not cool. To me it is stupid.

This is my opinion. Opinions are like assholes...........................Everybody has one.
Assholes are not meant to be shared with everyone though...

You know that feeling when your buddy passes out in the car on the way home, and you start ripping ass just because he caught 8 fish to your 5. He wakes up to the hotbox of sharticles you've been marinating in and that surprise dead-leg you rightfully receive? Thats how much it hurts trying to give a fuck what some old curmudgeon thinks about my choice in wardrobe on the river or elsewhere.