Puget Sound and/or Hood Canal

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Steve Buckner, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Steve Buckner

Steve Buckner Mother Nature's Son

Nov 19, 2003
    Home Page:
    I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share recent information on coho fishing in the Hood Canal area.

Back in early July when the Pinks were running up Finch Creek I spoke to a WDFW officer who mentioned that the coho would be stacking in the Tehuya (?) river in early October and so wanted to head up there this weekend. Has anyone fished here lately?

Any info would be much appreciated.
  2. guest

guest Guest

launch at twanah state park its right across from the park to your left. i never fished it for silvers only chums, probaly pretty good. Ben
  3. Jonduke

Jonduke New Member

Dec 31, 1969
    Just a couple days ago I went up to the Tahuya and Dewatto Rivers for slamon and cutts. The Dewatto was tiny, and packed with anglers. I couldn't imagine how people were catching fish with conventional tackle in the tiny creek. The Tahuya had a few people, and there was a school of pinks and silvers cruising around under the bridge, but they wouldn't bite. I managed to catch to small sculpins on a knudsen's spider, and a small cutt on a green butt skunk. The tide comes it like crazy, so be careful. I almost found myslef having to a little swimming. The water was low, so if we get some rain it could be decent on the Tahuya or the Dewatto, both open for silvers.