Puget Sound At Her Finest

AWESOME FISH!!! But a trophy like that on rocks with barnacles, er..uh..humm. Did I say nice fish?

That fish is the BEST SRC to date, even better than D3s SRC in the net/boat pic.

Are you all serious? Calling out one of the strongest proponents of this fishery? It looks like a quick click in shallow water, not a staged photo. Give a guy a break.

SciGuy

That fish is the BEST SRC to date, even better than D3s SRC in the net/boat pic.
Not sure I'd go that far. Dave is about 6'5" and make 20 lb nooks look like rezzies.

It looks like a quick click in shallow water...
If that is your conclusion then you should take a closer look at the pic.

Personally the fish on rocks doesn't bother me so much.
Well, it ought to bother you.

Rocks are hard and barnacles are sharp...nuff said.

who said double standard? DEAD ON!!!

anyone else that didnt get some serious skull on this board would get reamed.

poor handling. A shame for a nice fish like that and i cant see it being as big as some of the fish posted.

ryfly

Addicted to flyfishing
Hey Rockfish, before you start casting "ugly" comments to other anglers why the eff don't you take a look at your avatars comment. Shame on you.

My Oh My!

Leland knows how to handle fish in any given situation!

A fish on wet rocks is far less "damaged" than a fish in a net with a hand glommed on it.

There are times when a fish has to be taken onto the beach or shore just to remove the fly. That in my opinion is a better option than grabbing said fish in hand and doing the chore.

The problem with any pic is that it doesn't show a tme line. It only shows a moment without context.

Leland is an honorable man. Don't let your imagination get a hold of you.

Dave