Queets report?

Chris Bellows

Your Preferred WFF Poster
i don't know how fishermen in good conscious support any quinault tribal businesses with the travesty that happens on the queets. a river with habitat as protected as you will find in the lower 48 just choked with nets and one of the worst hatchery programs on the coast. 100% of the problems on the queets fall at the feet of the quinault tribe, even the snaggers targeting hatchery salmon.

a jewel of a river just being willfully destroyed.

sorry state of affairs here this year. i consider this my home water and it is being defiled by snaggers, nets, and nate. i don't know what's worst. almost all the coho are four pounders riddled with net marks. i can only assume that those are the ones literally squeezing through. be nice to see some enforcement out there.
Are they fishing more aggressively than usual?

The small creeks round those parts always pay dividends, I just have to backtrack further from camp to fish them. Looks like there should be some Coho. Love that river (well all rivers) during low flow.

I was over there on other business. I drove down the Lower Queets Valley Road.

The gate is shut just as you approach the NP boundary with a sign that says "Due to government shutdown, this NP facility is closed".

LOL It was dropping into shape. I bet it's hotter than a firecracker for coho right now!

freestoneangler

Not to be confused with Freestone
One of the shop guys at work fishes the Queets quite often and said this year has has not been good...on many fronts. He was particularly disgusted with the pressure from commercials and has not done well this year. My first guided spey trip was on that river about 7 years ago...fun day...will always be in my CPU. Only had a tug, but it was all that was needed to light the fire.

One of the shop guys at work fishes the Queets quite often and said this year has has not been good...on many fronts. He was particularly disgusted with the pressure from commercials and has not done well this year. My first guided spey trip was on that river about 7 years ago...fun day...will always be in my CPU. Only had a tug, but it was all that was needed to light the fire.
Well.....even a bad day on the Queets.........

PT

Physhicist
I used to fish it a lot can't get past the nets anymore.... Mentally, that is. Driving over the river it is always (seems like it) choked with nets. Heading upstream that's about all I can think about. Takes the fun out of it. The way of our world.