Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Question Mud Hole blanks?

Rod Building 
1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Loren Jensen 
#1 ·
I am considering building one of the MHX blanks, they say they are patterned after loomis IMX . Just wondering if anybody else has built a rod from these or other mudhole blanks. Love them hate them? any info would be cool. Thanks Doug

#2 ·
I build on the MXH line of blanks all the time. Great blanks for your $$. I have built on the Spin Jig, Mag bass and a couple of the salmon/steelhead blanks. I have yet to build on any of their fly rod blanks though. I have been very impressed with their blanks so far.

For fly rod blanks I use Batson blanks 90% of the time. Great blanks and great people to do buissness with.

#3 ·
I have not tied on one yet but a lot of people on another forum I'm on build on them and really love them. I say go for it, I'm pretty sure you will not be dissapointed. I'm going to build on one here in the near future since I've heard so many good comments on them.

Roby

#5 ·
Never wrapped one either, but I here they are nuts, Doug. If you aren't a super picky fisherman, almost any blank will work awesome. Batson blanks are one of the top blanks at the moment, I'll be wrapping a 6wt switch of theirs soon.

Check out other brands such as Sevier and Pac Bay.

Check out this site for some awesome service and discount blanks. Ordered two Speys from them. Got them next day and they are friendly. Nice blanks, too.

They update their site quite often, too. So keep checking it if you don't see something you want.

http://www.utmostenterprises.com/UTMOSTOVERSTOCK.htm

Loren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.