Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Discussion in 'Conservation' started by Klickrolf, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Here's John Stossel and some very qualified climate scientists telling it like it is. An inconvenient truth.

A thorough list of what warming causes.
    http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm
    click on your largest worries.

Open your minds and let some documented science influence your thinking. If there is no documentation and semi-accurate predictive capacity you can be sure it's not science.

We are indoctrinating our children to believe lies...http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/06/f...d-schools-ban-on-global-warming-skeptic-book/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Alex MacDonald and FosterSpey like this.
  2. FosterSpey

FosterSpey New Member

I've worked in the public schools ... they are being indoctrinated. They are also being indoctrinated in our higher learning institutions. If you disagree or pose questions regarding their position (scientists and non-scientists) that global warming is man-made, they do their best to marginalize and silence you (e.g., Spey Pages). Kudos for your links.

3. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Here's more "indoctrination" injected by our public school teachers, administrators...and teachers unions. These young 'uns don't know anything about the earths climate cycles because they have never studied them. But they sure do make ignorant people think they have the answers. Time for public schools to educate our children, encouraging them to make a stand that is obviously detrimental to their scientific education in public schools should be a criminal offense. High schoolers making decisions on global warming caused by humans? Have any of them ever looked at the data? Indoctrination, not education. Does anyone think the children's knowledge will add anything to our society, or our understanding of climate change? Why would something like this happen if it weren't designed specifically to remove the intellect of our children? St. Louis Park is becoming stupid because they have made the choice to become stupid.

http://midwestenergynews.com/2016/0...inneapolis-suburb-to-pass-climate-initiative/

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  4. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

There are a number of examples over recent history where this type of fascism became the norm. In all cases, it has led to a failed society. Unfortunately, it seems we are incapable of learning from history.

5. dogsnfish

dogsnfish Active Member

Isn't John Stossel also the president of the flat earth society?

Tinker, hbmcc, dryflylarry and 2 others like this.
  6. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  7. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

this is precisely what the left does-attempt to stifle honest debate with ad hominem attacks. And while Dogsnfish may have been humorous in this statement, but the attacks are constant and have one purpose only-to shut people up. Here's the definition of an attack of this kind:
    An ad hominem argument is one that is used to counter another argument; but, it is based on feelings or prejudice, rather than facts, reason or logic. It is often a personal attack on one's character rather than an attempt to address the issue at hand.

At the University where I taught, there are "colleagues"-and I use this term with great hesitation-who will automatically lower their students' grades if they disagree with the professor's stated viewpoint. There's a difference between giving a student a poor grade for not being able to tell me the global ramifications of, say, the treaty of Tordesillas in 1494, and claiming it was "God's Will" that Brazil speaks Portuguese and Argentina speaks Spanish. Facts are facts, and when you engage in this sort of behavior, it's not a learning tool, but suppression; a blatant attempt to change the truth by force.

gjq, brat, TD and 4 others like this.
  8. FosterSpey

FosterSpey New Member

speyfisher likes this.
  9. FosterSpey

FosterSpey New Member

Well stated. I could not have said it any better than you.

Ron McNeal and Alex MacDonald like this.
  10. Golden Trout

Golden Trout Active Member

Been involved with Education for over 40 years and find your comments insulting to educators in general. My colleagues and those from many other schools would adamantly disagree with your claims to stifle honest debate. Actually, honest debates are golden moments in education and openly welcomed. Add to this, such stiffleing, as you put it, would soon be brought to the attention of administrators who would hand out swift action for grade tampering.

Even if what you are saying was remotely true it would weigh microscopically in comparison to the massive amounts of money used to shove anti-climate change bullshit down the public's throats by Kochs and many others like them.

11. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

Question 1: Is John Stossel a climatologist? Answer: No. Therefore there is absolutely no reason to listen to a word he says about climate change, any more than I should listen to Clint Eastwood tell us how bad the mean nasty Democrats are and how godlike the GOP candidates are. They are both personalities, not scientists.

Show me a preponderance of peer-reviewed scientific studies that show mankind's contribution to climate change is insignificant. Oh, wait - you can't. It must be all that indoctrination and fascism and ad-hominem attacks. :rolleyes:

12. weiliwen

weiliwen Active Member

dfl, cabezon and Golden Trout like this.
  13. Golden Trout

14. FosterSpey

FosterSpey New Member

Maybe it depends on where one is receiving the education, who the educator is, the subject matter, and the required textbooks selected by the professor. As a student of higher learning, I received my BA (74) and MA (82) in the state of IA. I received my EdS in UT. I witnessed indoctrination in some (not all) of my classes at the university I attended in IA. Robust debates even back in the early 70s were not always encouraged—we could tell by the demeanor of the professor or knew by word of mouth. And even back then, most students with opposing views stayed quiet. We had learned since grade school that playing the game with a teacher was better than arguing. My EdS degree was specialized in a field where studies are still needed to be definitive on any one conclusion—the one and only time discussion was encouraged in all my classes.

I’ve worked in the public school system since ’74 (IA, IL, MT, CA) and am currently an adjunct instructor at a local university. Because I saw professors discouraging opposing views by marginalizing the student, I taught my 10th grade English class in 1974 how to argue their opinion that differed from their instructor/professor's opinion. I do see indoctrination and a lack of tolerance for opposing views, however, more these last 20 years than when I first was in the field.

RE: educators ... When questioned with an opposing perspective, I’ve seen some react by telling that person their beliefs are stupid (to put it kindly). I’ve even seen them saying that to fellow educators in their own field! Maybe that isn’t shutting down an opposing viewpoint, but it certainly is not inviting a welcoming discussion. Rather, it is marginalizing and showing bigotry … intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself (New Oxford American Dictionary)—a subtle form of shutting down speech.

15. Golden Trout

OK, not doubting that you witnessed these unfortunate circumstances and good on you for teaching your tenth graders to argue their points. Students should always have the right to debate, that's why we call them Liberal Arts institutions.

dfl likes this.