Quick primer for the believers in AGW.

Discussion in 'Conservation' started by Klickrolf, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

You are WRONG on the history, again. Not that facts and evidence matter to some, here are the facts: https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-global-warming.htm.
    Steve

dfl likes this.
  2. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

You are RIGHT, paid for and manipulated "facts and evidence" do not matter to a good many who can see through the charade. Mother Nature is in control... always has been and always will be.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  3. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Climate Adapter says:

Silly you. Isn’t it now officially called “Climate Change Denial”, as opposed to “AGW Denial”? It’s much, much easier to skewer a Climate Change Denier (Which is as absurd as a “Sun Comes Up In the Morning Denier”).
    [​IMG]
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/16/donald-trumps-election-bodes-will-for-epa/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  4. freestoneangler

Yes indeed. Hopefully the EPA hijacking will come to an end and the agency will once again be conducting business that serves all of America. It's purpose/mission is important to our nation and the world, but not when it becomes a weapon for advancing political power and the environmental special interests.

In the last couple of decades, the agency has gone rogue and their tone echo's perfectly the statement Gina McCarthy made. Also as mentioned in the article, Climate Change has indeed become a religion. It is also interesting that they shun and attempt to excommunicate those that do not follow in lock-step... the very things they condemn other religions for.

Alex MacDonald, Klickrolf and Gene S like this.
  5. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

It does indeed have overtones of the phrase "Blasphemer!", doesn't it!:eek: But that appears to be how the left works-ad hominem attacks, which we've seen plenty of even here.

6. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

7. freestoneangler

To be clear, I do believe the EPA has done some very good work, since its formation under the Nixon administration, on behalf of us Joe Public's. The flip side to the EPA going overboard, as I believe they have in the last couple decades, is the absence of any countering oversight to industry and their tendency to shat all over us. There is plenty of history showing industries not being good stewards of the environment. Finding balance and not allowing the presiding decision makers to overreach is always a challenge. Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever, the fish we love to pursue live in very cool environments we want to see maintained for everyone's enjoyment for as long as we possibly can... that I'm quite certain is something we all agree on.

8. suckegg

suckegg Active Member

9. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Thank you!
    Read and learn, our most highly paid "climate" scientists still can't (won't) address the real problems of thier hypothesis but they will continue to adjust global temps. The raw data tells a completely different story, atmospheric CO2 has almost "NOTHING" to do with surface temps. Believe what you will but the science isn't settled and the warming is subsiding, inconveniently!
    http://climatechangedispatch.com/wh...-global-warming-and-became-a-climate-skeptic/

http://canadafreepress.com/article/antarctica-continues-to-baffle-alarmists#

10. GorgeTony

GorgeTony Active Member

Rolf, you work (own?) at a fucking gas station. You denying AGW is directly related to your lifestyle. Do you not see the irony in this? How is this any different from your (false) opinion that climate change scientists are corrupt?

Your scientific understanding is absolutely laughable.

Steelhead need specific ocean conditions to fulfill their life cycle. Why risk losing a species that we all hold dear just because you're afraid to admit you're ignorant and wrong?

The danger of not accepting the science is great. The danger of accepting it is nil. Why don't we listen to people who actually know what the fuck they're talking about?

dfl and weiliwen like this.
  11. GorgeTony

GorgeTony Active Member

Also, the sources you cite and continue to cite are COMPLETELY FUCKED.

g_smolt and dfl like this.
  12. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

Maybe, but I doubt it. As soon as we all stop using cars or trucks to take us fishing or to work we'll have demonstrated that we believe, and please, don't say you have no choice! I don't believe CO2 harms our planet, I do believe CO2 drives our planet's productivity and more is better and less is WORSE.

Here's a little levity for you GT.

I know what you think but I'm confident my sources are more accurate than yours.

Here's some more stuff you won't agree with:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  13. freestoneangler

They simply cannot find their way around the hypocrisy of their stated positions vs. physical actions. They condemn mining and other extractive industries and fossil fuel industries yet the same folks gaze myopically in their jumbo-tron, type away on their favorite forums, Twitter and FB accounts, and call the repairman when the house thermostat starts acting up.

Good video clips btw. Why did Venus go into "runaway greenhouse"... who caused that? These folks have some explaining to do.

trekers.jpg

Alex MacDonald likes this.
  14. Quisutch

Quisutch New Member

15. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald that's His Lordship, to you.....

well, what we really have here is actual science; peer-reviewed and solid, versus the absolute panic of truly illiterate snowflakes. Ben Shapiro asks what they want us to do, revert to the year 1850? I, for one, refuse. It's business as usual. "Global warming" is bullshit, but in their defense, today's snowflakes completely lack any analytical training or critical skills, as said skills run afowl of the propaganda spewed by my former colleagues at the University-as in "if you don't agree with me, you fail the course". I've seen it personally, unfortunately. One reason for retiring. They all want to be politicians, and to me, the only good "politician" is a dead one.